Super Bowl LIII: What Do You Think Will Happen and What Do You Want To Happen?

AlNFL19

What would be your ideal Super Bowl LIII matchup, and why? Do you think it'll actually happen?

I want to see a New England Patriots vs. New Orleans Saints Super Bowl, featuring two Hall of Fame quarterbacks with great coaches and great offenses and defensive units that could surprise some people. 

I would like for the Panthers and Patriots to have a SB38 rematch since I'm a Panthers fan and this is supposedly the last year of playing for long-time Panthers Julius Peppers (who played in SB38), Thomas Davis, and Ryan Kalil. Getting revenge on Belichick and Brady would be great.

Though I think the Super Bowl will probably wind up being the Patriots/Steelers and Eagles or something boring like that.

What I want to happen:  “Falcons vs Patriots Part 2 the Revenge” where the Falcons shut up all the 28-3 commenters with a 35-20 rout to a championship.

What I think will happen:  No damn idea!  Could see 7 or 8 NFC teams make it to the SB and I strongly believe whoever wins the AFC will NOT be either Pittsburgh or NE.  So maybe Houston vs NO?  Or Atlanta vs LAC?  Or GB vs Jax?  The unpredictability of the NFL is so refreshing after the total predictability of the NBA season.

What I think could happen...
Chargers beat the Falcons 31-20
Honestly could be one of the many NFC teams, I'll go with the Falcons to seem non-homerish. Think they have the right amount of talent and reason to be mad.
I think the Eagles, Rams, and Saints are set up in some way to be too cocky and have it blow up in their face a little. I don't think there is a good enough team around Rodgers at this point and Cousins was never much of a winner...maybe the Vikings just need something a little better than Keenum last year...but never really was that impressive. Then the Falcons are a little better than the Panthers, though I do think they'll do well. Any of those teams could get in, but I'll guess the Falcons for now.

Like the Chargers and they need to get to the SB at some point right?
Pats and Steelers are both waning, and I don't know if the Jags have the talent on offense with Bortles to consistently get through the AFC. Their D is great, so they have a shot, just have to see how much Borts holds them back.

What I want to happen
Eagles embarrass the Steelers 44-10
Highest potential bragging rights, everytime an annoying steelers fan (of which, I know many) brags about how many rings they have, I now get a pretty easy rebuttal.
I don't even hate the Steelers, it's just some of the fans are the worst. 

Archived