Sign in to follow this  
CWood21

CW21's 2019 NFL Draft Thread (Bring On Questions)

23 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

For the Packers, the 2018 draft had several pass rushers, but (almost) every one had limitations and they went CB, CB, instead..

My question is that in the 2019 draft (which looks a very good one for 3/4 OLB types), do you think there are enough good rushers to get a starter-quality guy in round two (which would probably be the Packers 3rd pick), or is the talent dropoff still too steep, to get a good rusher in round 2 ?

Bosa and Ferrell look like they will be long gone by the Packers pick, but Montez Sweat, Joe Jackson, Jalen Jelks, Josh Allen, Austin Bryant, Christian Miller, Tevon Coney, Porter Gustin, are among the guys that look interesting, as early-draftable prospects. Is the 2019 draft as good (for 3-4 OLBs) as it looks to me at the moment ?

Historically speaking, that pass rush class gets dried up quick.  Much like the OT class does.  You're running a huge risk that there will be a quality pass rusher available early in teh 2nd round, let alone late in the 2nd round.  My guess is our top 3 picks will be some combination of EDGE, S, and OT depending on what happens this year.

35 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Historically speaking, that pass rush class gets dried up quick.  Much like the OT class does.  You're running a huge risk that there will be a quality pass rusher available early in teh 2nd round, let alone late in the 2nd round.  My guess is our top 3 picks will be some combination of EDGE, S, and OT depending on what happens this year.

Those positions (Edge, S, OT) are the exact three I would have chosen, as well.

If none of the Packers many young WRs looks like developing as they would hope, I did see the possibility of a high (first or second round) WR. TE is also a posible choice for round 2, but i think they might hold off on that for a year, if they continue to keep Lewis, Graham (and hopefully Tonyan). 

I have noticed (on Drafttek) that there were a several offensive tackles available in round 2, so Edge, then Safety, then Tackle, looks a possible way to go. It is far too early to have any high degree of confidence in the order you pick the positions, but I'll go with that choice for now. I just might take pass rushers with two of the first three picks instead, but I'll have a better idea when 2019 rolls around.