CW21's 2019 NFL Draft Thread (Bring On Questions)

CWood21

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I am becoming a big fan of Denzel Mims TBH who would fit the Cleveland need. But I want him in Dallas. A long strider who can reach his top end speed very quickly and this guy has 2 games this year already with double digit catches, one of those teams was OU.

He's got potential. He and Emanuel Hall can be similar to DJ Chark from this last class.

On 9/30/2018 at 10:26 PM, MistaBohmbastic said:

Please help me find a big, fast receiver with massive potential who the Browns can target on day 2-3 that can compliment Landry and Callaway. Please?

You better be willing to commit a 1st round pick to that type of WR.  Big WRs who can run who don't have hands issues tend to go early.  If you're getting into Day 2, you better be willing to give up a little something in order to get that guy.

22 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Where do you have Polite in your edge rusher rankings? And will he likely be a first rounder when it is all said and done?

Definitely moving up the draft board.  Started off the year a bit slow, but has really turned it on in recent weeks.  I'm a bit concerned about his size.  I know some have listed him at 6'3", 260 but the Florida website has him listed at 6'2", 242.  And on that note, you don't really see him converting speed into power.  He's got an explosive first step and good enough bend, but the power part of his game I haven't seen him display consistently.  He's probably a Day 2 prospect right now, but if he continues to play well he's going to see his name fly up draft boards.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

You better be willing to commit a 1st round pick to that type of WR.  Big WRs who can run who don't have hands issues tend to go early.  If you're getting into Day 2, you better be willing to give up a little something in order to get that guy.

My thinking is based off of John Dorsey's draft history. He has a tendency to take receivers after day1. Personally, I love me some N'Keal Harry. Is there anyone else who you might view as that first round pick you speak of? Thanks.

Do you think Haskins is a one and done? If so what kinda system would he be best in. I’m not sold on him, but I can’t really say that since I have yet to do advanced work on any QB’s not named Finley or Stidham and that was for last year. 

2 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

Do you think Haskins is a one and done? If so what kinda system would he be best in. I’m not sold on him, but I can’t really say that since I have yet to do advanced work on any QB’s not named Finley or Stidham and that was for last year. 

I would have guessed he was prior to this Penn State game. People were drooling at his consistent passing ability, myself included. It'll ultimately depend on how the rest of his season goes, but what I once viewed as a no-doubt-about-it situation is now certainly in doubt. 

12 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

You watch any small school guys yet?

WR Emmanuel Butler of NAU has a chance to be a solid #2 in the NFL imo. Could easily be a day 2 pick.

OG Iosua Opeta of Weber State is another guy i've been following since last year. Very athletic. Most have him in the 6th or 7th but i think he could be a 4th otlr 5th after another All-American year and he tests.

CB Deion Harris of North Dakota is a 6'2" 195 lbs CB with plus ball skills and athleticism for his size. Day 2 pick if he plays like he did in 2016 this season.

6 hours ago, riceman80 said:

WR Emmanuel Butler of NAU has a chance to be a solid #2 in the NFL imo. Could easily be a day 2 pick.

OG Iosua Opeta of Eastern Washington is another guy i've been following since last year. Very athletic. Most have him in the 6th or 7th but i think he could be a 4th otlr 5th after another All-American year and he tests.

CB Deion Harris of North Dakota is a 6'2" 195 lbs CB with plus ball skills and athleticism for his size. Day 2 pick if he plays like he did in 2016 this season.

You should watch Nasir Adderley from Delaware. I'd bet he gets drafted, probably 4th or 5th round. 

On 10/2/2018 at 2:47 PM, MistaBohmbastic said:

My thinking is based off of John Dorsey's draft history. He has a tendency to take receivers after day1. Personally, I love me some N'Keal Harry. Is there anyone else who you might view as that first round pick you speak of? Thanks.

AJ Brown out of Ole Miss seems to be one of the better ones available.  There was some hype surrounding Ahmmon Richards, but he hasn't really produced much this year.  JJ Arcega-Whiteside has put up some big numbers this year, and he could turn a strong Combine that could boost his draft stock.  He's gotten off to a bit of a slow start but Anthony Johnson out of Buffalo is another guy worth keeping an eye on.

45 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

AJ Brown out of Ole Miss seems to be one of the better ones available.  There was some hype surrounding Ahmmon Richards, but he hasn't really produced much this year.  JJ Arcega-Whiteside has put up some big numbers this year, and he could turn a strong Combine that could boost his draft stock.  He's gotten off to a bit of a slow start but Anthony Johnson out of Buffalo is another guy worth keeping an eye on.

I was high on Brown, but I'm starting to think that Metcalf is outshining him. If the draft was tomorrow, I'm choosing Metcalf over Brown. I'm genuinely curious to hear your thoughts on this take, as you definitely have more of a scouting mind than I do (No that's not sarcasm, I mean that out of respect).

9 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I was high on Brown, but I'm starting to think that Metcalf is outshining him. If the draft was tomorrow, I'm choosing Metcalf over Brown. I'm genuinely curious to hear your thoughts on this take, as you definitely have more of a scouting mind than I do (No that's not sarcasm, I mean that out of respect).

I don't get the hype with Metcalf. He reminds me of Sutton from last year. Obviously athletic, although I think Sutton is a tad more physically gifted. But I've some drafts have him going in the Top 10.

Archived