CW21's 2019 NFL Draft Thread (Bring On Questions)

CWood21

On 10/2/2018 at 10:17 AM, CWood21 said:

Definitely moving up the draft board.  Started off the year a bit slow, but has really turned it on in recent weeks.  I'm a bit concerned about his size.  I know some have listed him at 6'3", 260 but the Florida website has him listed at 6'2", 242.  And on that note, you don't really see him converting speed into power.  He's got an explosive first step and good enough bend, but the power part of his game I haven't seen him display consistently.  He's probably a Day 2 prospect right now, but if he continues to play well he's going to see his name fly up draft boards.

Fwiw, my understanding from an article I read on him was that he dropped 20 pounds this off-season, which is probably why you are getting the disparity in weight

On 10/2/2018 at 2:58 PM, freak_of_nature said:

Should D. Francois do a grad transfer or declare?

I wouldn't declare, but then again that's just my opinion since I'm not very high on him as a QB prospect.  I'd probably transfer if I were him, but it'd be hard to fault him if he decided to declare instead.

On 10/2/2018 at 5:31 PM, YogiBiz said:

Do you think Haskins is a one and done? If so what kinda system would he be best in. I’m not sold on him, but I can’t really say that since I have yet to do advanced work on any QB’s not named Finley or Stidham and that was for last year. 

Probably still too early to tell.  If he continues to play this well, he's going to make that a really interesting discussion to have.  He's been as productive as any QB in the nation, but the limited tape is going to hurt him.

21 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Probably still too early to tell.  If he continues to play this well, he's going to make that a really interesting discussion to have.  He's been as productive as any QB in the nation, but the limited tape is going to hurt him.

I can see how you can say the tape can be issue. He has the tools. 

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:58 PM, freak_of_nature said:

Should D. Francois do a grad transfer or declare?

If FSU were smart, they should be looking using every effort to improve their OL, Top recruits, top JUCOs and top grad Transfers (I.e. high level established starters like Calvin Anderson) to keep him. Show some urgency and maybe he will stay, he's a good QB in a bad situation

On 10/3/2018 at 10:00 PM, MistaBohmbastic said:

I was high on Brown, but I'm starting to think that Metcalf is outshining him. If the draft was tomorrow, I'm choosing Metcalf over Brown. I'm genuinely curious to hear your thoughts on this take, as you definitely have more of a scouting mind than I do (No that's not sarcasm, I mean that out of respect).

Don't really have any issue with that.  It seems that Brown does most of his damage within the first 15 yards, where as they tend to go a bit more downfield with Metcalf.  That's going to give him the gaudier stats, and might make him look better.  Honestly, I like Metcalf's build a bit better.  Brown looks thicker than Metcalf, but that probably has something to do with the fact that he's 3 inches shorter than Metcalf.  It'll be interesting to see their times.  I don't think either one of them is going to be a burner.

On 10/5/2018 at 9:36 AM, brooks1957 said:

I would be interested to hear your take on WR Collin Johnson of Texas. Thanks

Really wished he could play with more of a pocket passing QB than Sam Ehlinger.  Ehlinger has improved as a passer this year, but he's still not doing his receiver any favors.  He's got good size if the 6'6", 220 is accurate and he plays up to that size.  Doesn't seem to shy away from contact.  Don't think there's much of a chance he declares especially that Ehlinger is only a sophomore, but there's upside there and a high enough floor.  I'd feel reasonably comfortable throwing a Day 2 pick at him if he tested reasonably well.

Archived