Teddy Bridgewater

jetfuel34

I don't see why we have to deal Bridgewater barring a great offer from somewhere. Keep the kid (Darnold) hungry and up on his toes throughout the first year. Make him actually EARN the starting nod. If McCown is the only competition for Darnold, it is too easy to anoint Darnold and just let him play. That is not a bad thing, but I much prefer keeping the competition alive throughout the season. 

Personally, I start Bridgewater Week 1 if he continues to show he is healthy and playing well. Darnold No. 2, McCown as a quasi-assistant coach and No. 3. Revisit the situation before the trade deadline or after a starting QB goes down somewhere else.

6 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Then you could lose him for nothing.  Look there is no rush at the moment to take a 4th and move on.  There is still time for a QB to go down in the 3rd preseason game and/or early on in the season.  They can wait until the trade deadline at the end of October if they want but the closer they get to the deadline the less value Teddy has.  

It's a fine line they must walk.  Hold out longer and hope for an injury which may not come or take a lesser offer 4th/5th and take what you can get.  

I personally would wait a few weeks into the season before I just gave him away for a late pick.  Worst case is they lose him for nothing which isn't the worst thing just not ideal either when we could use an extra draft pick even if it is in the 4th round.

Rockice, I am glad your not my financial advisor, giving him away for a fourth pick, it is thinking like that why we are perennial losers. We have something of valve in Bridgewater, he is worth at least a second round pick. We need a second round to help build a offensive line, which right now is the worst O line in the NFL. Think again about Darnold, playing behind that garbage O line, we have right know.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Rockice, I am glad your not my financial advisor, giving him away for a fourth pick, it is thinking like that why we are perennial losers. We have something of valve in Bridgewater, he is worth at least a second round pick. We need a second round to help build a offensive line, which right now is the worst O line in the NFL. Think again about Darnold, playing behind that garbage O line, we have right know.

Why exactly is Bridgewater worth “at least” a second round pick?

Cimini says despite the Mehta report there is no market for Bridgewater right now 

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Why exactly is Bridgewater worth “at least” a second round pick?

Cimini says despite the Mehta report there is no market for Bridgewater right now 

I think ultimately if we trade him we get a 2nd. Jets are in no hurry. Some team will get an injury to their QB in the next 2 months. Or just really dislike their starting QB situation in that time frame. Think Miami last year or even Indy. They suffered injuries and needed to do something. Bridgewater would answer that for a team. Right now his stock can’t really be any higher from our perspective. He’s looked great and has a cheap salary. Some team will want him

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think ultimately if we trade him we get a 2nd. Jets are in no hurry. Some team will get an injury to their QB in the next 2 months. Or just really dislike their starting QB situation in that time frame. Think Miami last year or even Indy. They suffered injuries and needed to do something. Bridgewater would answer that for a team. Right now his stock can’t really be any higher from our perspective. He’s looked great and has a cheap salary. Some team will want him

ABSOLUTELY

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Yeah I think a 2nd will be the most we get which is a good haul. Definitely better to wait it out.

Just my opinion but I think their are 14 teams that would want Teddy if their starter went down for the season

These 11are possible playoff contenders - SF, Seattle, LAR, NO, Dallas, NYG, Houston, Tennessee, Oakland, KC,  i don’t see these next 3 as playoff contenders (mainly because I don’t like their starting QB) so they might not be as interested- Cincinnati, Miami and Chicago.

i didn’t include Pittsburgh, LAC, Denver, GB, Carolina or Jacksonville because I think  Dobbs, Geno, Kelly, Kizer, Heinrich, and Kessler would all get a shot. Washington I think would turn the team over to McCoy; TB to Fitz, Indy already has gone with Brissett, NE has Hoyer,; Minnesota has Siemian, I think they like Rudock in Detroit, Philadelphia has Foles and Sudfeld. Cleveland, Arizona, Baltimore and Buffalo have this year’s other 1st round QBs. 

Bridgewater's greatest value may be to the Jets. I think he currently gives the team the best chance to win. He hasn't thrown a lot of long balls, but he's shown that he's not afraid to take a hit and will still challenge a defense with extremely accurate mid range passes. Teddy as your team's starter this entire season I think could help you guys challenge for a playoff spot. I honestly mean that. 

That being said, lets just say that I don't think the Jets Organization sees it that way, and they'll either tank with McCown or ruin Darnold's career before it even starts. :(

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Bridgewater's greatest value may be to the Jets. I think he currently gives the team the best chance to win. He hasn't thrown a lot of long balls, but he's shown that he's not afraid to take a hit and will still challenge a defense with extremely accurate mid range passes. Teddy as your team's starter this entire season I think could help you guys challenge for a playoff spot. I honestly mean that. 

That being said, lets just say that I don't think the Jets Organization sees it that way, and they'll either tank with McCown or ruin Darnold's career before it even starts. :(

Why would starting Darnold ruin his career?

It is proven that starting a QB doesn't ruin their career, if they are going to bust they are going to bust. Starting is the only way they learn.

Darnold doesn't look lost, he looks very comfortable back there. Our offense is going to struggle regardless with the bad OL and lack of talent. Darnold looks ready to start, he looked comfortable and looks like he belongs. Eventually hes going to start and it will probably be week 1. Yes Bridgewater is better right now, but Darnold is the future and has done enough to show hes ready to start. Darnold is not like our past QBs we have taken, this kid is on another level. Hes ready

2 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

It is proven that starting a QB doesn't ruin their career, if they are going to bust they are going to bust. Starting is the only way they learn.

Darnold doesn't look lost, he looks very comfortable back there. Our offense is going to struggle regardless with the bad OL and lack of talent. Darnold looks ready to start, he looked comfortable and looks like he belongs. Eventually hes going to start and it will probably be week 1. Yes Bridgewater is better right now, but Darnold is the future and has done enough to show hes ready to start. Darnold is not like our past QBs we have taken, this kid is on another level. Hes ready

Yea. I don’t get why some people think we can ruin Darnold. 

I do understand why some may want to start Teddy though. They both look like young Franchise QBs. Some team is going to be happy with Bridgewater as their QB for a long time. I get why some Vikings fans love the guy. He’s a lot like Darnold actually. Both seem like great people.

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Darnold has done just as good as Bridgewater has as a rookie. He’s a smart QB just like Teddy. We ruined young QBs bc of lack of talent around then. That’s not the case this year. Our RB and WR groups are good enough to not be looked as groups that can bring the QB down. Only issue we have is OL. And that’s on the OC to get creative to get the ball out of the QBs hands rather quickly until the line improves.

Archived