Iloka cut?

ochocinco4pres

what? don't understand this move at all. he must of done something really bad, no way they just cut him because of money.

now you have to look at guys like Michael Johnson, Vincent Rey, Giovani Bernard, Dre Kirkpatrick, and Shawn Williams as guys who aren't safe just because of there contracts.

13 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Surprising, but not too upset with this move.  I like Clayton F. more than most, and hopefully Bates won't be too much of a step down from Iloka.  Hopefully this also means Darius Phillips makes the team and we actually extend Geno and Dunlap...

I think it’s more likely Brandon wilson or one of the young undrafted safeties makes the team. Phillips will make the team and Harris will go on IR

I'm shocked, but I think this is a prelude to another move.  A few things could materialize:

1.  The Geno and Dunlap deals get done.  ould have both been done earlier, but this is the money we need to make it happen.

2.  A backup QB or OT move is on the horizon, and it's one that needs some extra cash to make happen.  

3.  What ever happened with the Eric reid thing?  Did they settle?  If it is still lingering out there, maybe they reached a settlement that included a contract for Reid.

Obviously I'm just spit-balling

Wow.

I want the team to operate differently instead of the same old year in year out mediocrity, but this i don't understand. Iloka has always been solid. 

Also, this whole schtick of signing free agents or resigning players at less that market value because we honor the length of contract thing is going out the window with Lafell and now Iloka. Maybe less job security will light a fire under the players.

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Why not cut Michael Johnson first? Or is that coming shortly too?

It's odd.  We have Dunlap, Lawson, Willis, and Hubbard now.  If Marvin's big issue is that he doesn't think Lawson has the size to play 400+ snaps, we still have Willis and Hubbard. Michael Johnson should be cut and we should use that money on elsewhere...

11 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Wow.

I want the team to operate differently instead of the same old year in year out mediocrity, but this i don't understand. Iloka has always been solid. 

Also, this whole schtick of signing free agents or resigning players at less that market value because we honor the length of contract thing is going out the window with Lafell and now Iloka. Maybe less job security will light a fire under the players.

That'll be one big fallout of this move.  I'm sure Dunlaps agent will be pointing out that his client isn't taking less guaranteed like players usually do with the Bengals because they're cutting more guys than usual.

Archived