Bengals release S George Iloka

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, El ramster said:

How was what I said not ok with you? Your team sucks are you going to enjoy another 6-10 season? I did say down low as a joke Carl Lawsson is a monster. But with Sandy Dalton as your QB you’re a lock for a terrible season or worse a 1 and done. But hey I guess we all love watching a good train wreck. 

Entitlement is a real problem for you, evidently.

I don't know that my team sucks.  Your team finally crawled out of a hole after years of struggling, and the light clear;ly has embolded you

16 hours ago, El ramster said:

Bengals just jumping ahead on that tank nation tank. They know that with Dalton on board they ain’t winning a thing. I really do wonder why teams like the Bengals just don’t outright have a fire sell. Sell AJ, Sell Geno, Sell Carlos and sell Carl Lawson to the rams immediately for a 5th on the low ?.. But seriously they could get what 2-3 first rounders for a Geno-Green deal. 

Like why wait in purgatory and waste more prime years? I just don’t get it fam. Start fresh with a new GM and coach and  a ton of picks. 

You know nothing about this team and it shows.

58 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Entitlement is a real problem for you, evidently.

I don't know that my team sucks.  Your team finally crawled out of a hole after years of struggling, and the light clear;ly has embolded you

It's El ramster, he's always been a giant homer. Don't take it personally :P

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

We need guys that have somewhat of an idea of what to do on the punt unit.

Part of what played into him getting cut I'm suspecting.  While I wasn't expecting this to happen, here are the reasons it probably did:

1. Shawn Williams and George Iloka are both Strong Safety types.  Williams when healthy is better in coverage (although Iloka is not bad either) and making plays on the ball (The big issue that I think our new DC Austin had with Iloka).  They wanted to pair Williams up with a true Free Safety/ballhawking type which is what they are expecting Jessie Bates to be.
  2. Cutting Iloka saves the Bengals $5.8m in cap space, which we'll need to extend Geno/Dunlap/Dennard.
  3. If Williams and Bates are the starting safeties, Iloka would have needed to play Special Teams.  Problem is our best two special teams players are Clayton Fejedelem and Brandon Wilson the backup safeties.  Fejedelem is our best special teams player by a mile, and technically our leading rusher this preseason after his 40+ fake punt run, lol.

I do like both Shawn Williams and George Iloka.  Some team will get a solid SS in Iloka, but I can see why the Bengals wanted to get a more ball hawking safety back there.  Too early to tell if that's Bates tho...

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

granted, I graduated way before him

Understatement alert 

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

I think he's a solid guy for ant secondary

Dude is 6’4”, he’d be MASSIVE playing for an ant secondary. 

7 hours ago, El ramster said:

This is some OKC thunder mindset. But I guess bro! You enjoy watching your bungels fight with passion and grit! And hope you win 10 games to lose to pats or Texans. Then rinse and repeat for 2-4 more years. And Aj Green retires. But wait he’ll retire a bengal and you could yell out his name in God’s glory! Because they stuck and fought! Don’t forget that patent Marv Lewis extension for the kicker. 

It’s amazing what one okay season as a Rams fan does for your confidence. Be prepared to be let down by the “dream team” plan. 

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

It’s amazing what one okay season as a Rams fan does for your confidence. Be prepared to be let down by the “dream team” plan. 

Lol I don’t live and die by the rams we were bad for years. I’m just saying that from experience when we wasted Sjax prime years. 

Archived