Adrian Peterson (Signed)

LoganF89

Kelly must have photos of Gruden committing crimes. There's just no other explanation.

Him & Louvau must have caught Gruden doing a voodoo "chucky" spell in Louisiana a year ago or Something.

Results=John gets job in Oakland & Kelly & Louvau start no matter what.

I'm of the mindset, that if John Riggins time warped to his youth, he would have to sit behind the greatness of Robert Kelly.

Gruden is either really smart, or idiocracy stupid.

I think we sign peterson, here is why

Guice is hurt but peterson could still be a good mentor to him while he is rehabbing

petersons running style is the closest to guices of all the players on the open market

It will be a 1 year rental

doesnt affect guice when he plays next year

with a healthy o line i think he can still produce on early downs

plus i gotta feeling trent williams is gonna push for gruden to sign him, if a good runningback hits the market when the cuts happen we can always release him and scoop one up

36 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I think we sign peterson, here is why

Guice is hurt but peterson could still be a good mentor to him while he is rehabbing

petersons running style is the closest to guices of all the players on the open market

It will be a 1 year rental

doesnt affect guice when he plays next year

with a healthy o line i think he can still produce on early downs

plus i gotta feeling trent williams is gonna push for gruden to sign him, if a good runningback hits the market when the cuts happen we can always release him and scoop one up

I can agree with those reasons, but what happens in a game they happen to be trailing and Thompson is getting the majority of the work? We all saw AP go nuts on Sean Payton just last year. Payton handled it well, dumped the guy, and took his team to within a miracle of the NFC title game. I don’t think Gruden would be able to do the same. 

29 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

I can agree with those reasons, but what happens in a game they happen to be trailing and Thompson is getting the majority of the work? We all saw AP go nuts on Sean Payton just last year. Payton handled it well, dumped the guy, and took his team to within a miracle of the NFC title game. I don’t think Gruden would be able to do the same. 

I think he will realize that thompson has that role for a reason, its a little different then the situation he had with the saints, the saints had two guys who could start on most teams, we dont all we have is a back that is guarenteed 3rd down work

8 minutes ago, Slateman said:

If this offensive line is as good as it is supposed to be, getting a running back should be a formality. Thats why, supposedly, we invested two top 5 picks and top 3 position money on the line.

That hasn't led to a successful running game the past few years though.  Obviously last year is tough to judge, but the year before that we were nothing special at running the ball

Archived