Adrian Peterson (Signed)

LoganF89

Sign me up for AP. Not because I think he will be the AP of old, but because I have always been a fan of his. 

When Rob Kelley goes down with an injury, I wouldn’t mind AP shouldering some of the load. 

Alex Smith and AP would be very welcome veteran presences. 

Listening to Gruden’s press conference, what they’re doing is just having these guys work out in case they need to sign them in the future. I don’t Expect any of them to be signed this week.

Rob Gruden still seems to be the guy in the head coaches mind and he said they expect Perine to be back next week.

For me, I’d rather see AD out there than to have to endure another season of watching Rob Gruden miss holes, be slow through open holes and to get caught from behind. I’ve only seen Rob Gruden break one long run in his 3 years as a Redskins Rb vs the Packers in 2016 and he was caught from beings on a run that most backs would’ve taken to the house.

I’m as over Rob Gruden as much as most of this forum was over Matt Jones in 2016.

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

BTW- Does anyone know what a "workout" means ? Do the run the 40 yard dash, a 100 yard dash ? Workout against a d-line ?  

I think they do what the college prospects do when they’re entering the draft. They probably run the 40, do running back drills and probably catch some passes from the QBs out of the backfield.

I'm all in on AP &/or Charles.

And before someone chimes in on us signing over the hill superstars again remember this!

This new regime took a chance on Vernon Davis who also sucked in Denver before coming here.

Just saying...

If AP is 1/2 of what he used to be? Then we've upgraded at the RB position.

7 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm all in on AP &/or Charles.

And before someone chimes in on us signing over the hill superstars again remember this!

This new regime took a chance on Vernon Davis who also sucked in Denver before coming here.

Just saying...

If AP is 1/2 of what he used to be? Then we've upgraded at the RB position.

Broken clock is right twice a day.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

That hasn't led to a successful running game the past few years though.  Obviously last year is tough to judge, but the year before that we were nothing special at running the ball

To me, this is a MUCH bigger problem. The whole thought process was that by investing in the line, we could make up for not spending big money on a RB and still run the ball effectively enough.

Trent Williams is supposed to be the best LT in football. He's now 30 and hasn't played a full season in 4 years.

Brandon Scherff was a top 5 pick in the draft. Apparently, he  cannot play tackle at all. Honestly, this is completely ridiculous to me, but whatever. Brandon Scherff should be freaking mauling everyone at the line. We should be able to run behind him any time we need a few yards and get it.

Morgan Moses was a really nice find in the draft. He's not being paid like a top RT in football. He needs to earn his pay.

That we have this and still couldn't run the ball is alarming.

19 minutes ago, Slateman said:

To me, this is a MUCH bigger problem. The whole thought process was that by investing in the line, we could make up for not spending big money on a RB and still run the ball effectively enough.

Trent Williams is supposed to be the best LT in football. He's now 30 and hasn't played a full season in 4 years.

Brandon Scherff was a top 5 pick in the draft. Apparently, he  cannot play tackle at all. Honestly, this is completely ridiculous to me, but whatever. Brandon Scherff should be freaking mauling everyone at the line. We should be able to run behind him any time we need a few yards and get it.

Morgan Moses was a really nice find in the draft. He's not being paid like a top RT in football. He needs to earn his pay.

That was a flawed thought process obviously. You have to have some speed at running back - beyond a scat back like Thompson - in order to have a successful running game in today’s NFL. 

Our starting OL is solid. Trent and Scherff do maul people at the line of scrimmage, Roullier and Moses have been good. He 

The holes are there, our running backs just aren’t hitting the holes.

43 minutes ago, Slateman said:

I mean, I've been pointing out this for years.  Our Oline is kind of overrated when you look at the lack of rushing production we've had.  

Archived