"It's just a little bruise, he'll be alright" - Martin's knee checks out

D82

15 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I can't remember who it was, but we definitely had a player once that had a bone bruise and took forever to come back. Apparently a bone bruise is more serious than the name would suggest. Hope he's ready...

It ended both James Hanna and Anthony Spencer’s careers. Bone bruise is kind of a nebulous term, medically

26 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I think its one of those "poop or get off the toilet" scenarios. We cant just keep waiting around.

Why not? I know it feels like we are lost leverage with the Woods injury, but until Earl reports to the Seahawks, they aren't in a very strong position, either.

ET is a veteran, future HOFer who was coached by our DB's coach and knows our defense. He'd probably be ready to play tomorrow.

I get why everyone is anxious. But I don't think there is any evidence that says it's "clear" we won't trade for him.

18 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Why not? I know it feels like we are lost leverage with the Woods injury, but until Earl reports to the Seahawks, they aren't in a very strong position, either.

ET is a veteran, future HOFer who was coached by our DB's coach and knows our defense. He'd probably be ready to play tomorrow.

I get why everyone is anxious. But I don't think there is any evidence that says it's "clear" we won't trade for him.

What would we be waiting for? 

Now there are reports we are looking into Iloka. It's discouraging 

14 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

What would we be waiting for? 

Now there are reports we are looking into Iloka. It's discouraging 

We are waiting on Seattle to come down on their price, I would presume... Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't.

We should be looking into Iloka. Good player, wouldn't cost a draft pick to trade for, and we need a safety. 

Good organizations explore their options. Don't get set on one thing and overpay. I find that encouraging.

Oh I like Iloka. I meant that It was discouraging to trading for another big name safety. Adding Iloka in FA and ET in trade would certainly be a huge makeover but it feels unlikely.

However, the FA saftey pool is loaded and getting restocked with Iloka. That has to drive down both ET and Seattle's price 

Archived