Preseason Week 3 - GDT vs. Oakland

Leader

On 8/20/2018 at 10:34 AM, Cheech said:

Hundley has shown improvement, but he still has that tendency to freeze once pressure is in his face.  I'm confident that he could still be in the league as a backup in 4 to 5 years.

Kizer's footwork is still a mess, but he gets the ball out of his hand and isn't afraid to push it down the field.  

I'd go with Kizer and the 3 to 4 years he has left on his rookie deal.

I believe Kizer was a 2nd round pick so he has 3 years left which includes this year as one of those 3 years. 

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

I believe Kizer was a 2nd round pick so he has 3 years left which includes this year as one of those 3 years. 

Not relevant to discussion, but I think I read that as a 2nd-round pick, Kizer's contract is guaranteed.  So no money freed by cutting him, if that was considered at all....

1 hour ago, craig said:

Not relevant to discussion, but I think I read that as a 2nd-round pick, Kizer's contract is guaranteed.  So no money freed by cutting him, if that was considered at all....

Only his signing bonus is guaranteed. I'm not certain is he had any other guarantees written into his contract but it is not the norm for second round picks. 

26 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Only his signing bonus is guaranteed. I'm not certain is he had any other guarantees written into his contract but it is not the norm for second round picks. 

Spotrac's listing Kizer's 2018 salary as guaranteed. There is probably some variation from contract to contract. Rollins had almost half of his salary guaranteed in his 2nd year. 

Archived