2018 Bengals Fantasy Football

theJ

Posting a new thread to see if we can drum up enough interest to create a 10 or 12 person re-draft league.

Settings would be 0.5PPR, with a flex position.

Post here to claim a spot.  I'll get it all set up later tonight.

-----------------------

EDIT: New revised league idea - low maintenance

I do have an idea for a low maintenance league that everyone might enjoy (and might increase turnout).

I call it a survivor league.  The basic premise is that you want to be the team left standing at the end of the year.  Every player drafted would be a starter, and your roster would lock at kickoff of week 1...for the entire year.  Meaning after the draft, you have no work to do but sit and watch your team burn.

Every week (or two weeks, depending on number of teams), the team with the lowest score that week is "eliminated".  Elimination would mean that i move your entire team to the bench so you can't score any more points.  The league would be a roto league, and the team with the highest point total after week 16 or 17 would win.  

Would something like that draw a few more people in?

Best part about this league will be that AJ goes in the top 4.  Joe Mixon in the first round.  Andy Dalton by end of round 3.  Bengals will be the first defense off the board.  Gio Bernard goes in round 5.  Basically all of the Bengals WR's save Erickson will be drafted.

I suck at fantasy football, but I'll offer to be a fill in if you need someone. If you get enough people though that want to do it though, then don't worry about including me in the league.

Just put me on the waiting list instead and notify me if your league is filled. Thanks

I count 6.

I do have an idea for a low maintenance league that everyone might enjoy (and might increase turnout).

I call it a survivor league.  The basic premise is that you want to be the team left standing at the end of the year.  Every player drafted would be a starter, and your roster would lock at kickoff of week 1...for the entire year.  Meaning after the draft, you have no work to do but sit and watch your team burn.

Every week (or two weeks, depending on number of teams), the team with the lowest score that week is "eliminated".  Elimination would mean that i move your entire team to the bench so you can't score any more points.  The league would be a roto league, and the team with the highest point total after week 16 or 17 would win.  

10 minutes ago, theJ said:

I count 6.

I call it a survivor league.  The basic premise is that you want to be the team left standing at the end of the year.  Every player drafted would be a starter, and your roster would lock at kickoff of week 1...for the entire year.  Meaning after the draft, you have no work to do but sit and watch your team burn.

We could technically play with any number of teams in this format.  So if 6 people were interested, we could still do it.  I'd just have to set up safe and elimination weeks.  Some weeks would be elimination weeks, and others would be "safe" weeks.  Each elimination week i'd total the points during the safe weeks and elimination weeks and announce who was eliminated.

Archived