First Game

Mega Ron

Hello all

I'm travelling over from England for the Ravens game and have a few questions.

Where should I sit? (i was thinking the dawg pound)

Should I get a ticket from ticketmaster or stubhub?

I'm in Cleveland for 24 hours landing at about midnight on Saturday night. Is there anything that I HAVE to do or should I just wander around getting drunk?

Cheers,

Mega Ron

Sit in the Ravens section with a Ray Lewis jersey. Then when the Browns score, rip it in half Hulk Hogan style, stomp on it while revealing your Myles Garrett jersey underneath. Then just stay in the Ravens section screaming that Ray Lewis is a low life murderer (if you're feeling extra salty, use the t-word) the rest of the game.

And definitely do some pre-drinking. Thank you for your service.

Just now, NudeTayne said:

Sit in the Ravens section with a Ray Lewis jersey. Then when the Browns score, rip it in half Hulk Hogan style, stomp on it while revealing your Myles Garrett jersey underneath. Then just stay in the Ravens section screaming that Ray Lewis is a low life murderer (if you're feeling extra salty, use the t-word) the rest of the game.

And definitely do some pre-drinking. Thank you for your service.

Mega Ron is my friend from back here, we both support the same team and are from the same area, as well as in the same fantasy football league etc. We are the resident Browns fans of the group except I’m sure you’ll like him much better than me Nude, because I believe he is adamant Baker will be a roaring success.

The man is making one hell of a trip for the Brownies cause, he deserves more credit than this Darnold-lovin’ bum!

Welcome to the forum Kev

5 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

OK cool. Cheers dude. That is what I'll do.

I've ordered a Ray Lewis jersey from ebay. Hopefully it's match worn or at the very least it's been worn at the scene of a murder.

What's the t-word? (I just want to get it right)

Make sure you're the only white guy, assuming you're white, in the section. Then unload your accusations about Ray Lewis, making sure to call him the t(hug) word. I had to get around the language filter--hope you can figure out.

5 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

Cheers man.

There's a chance I'm @Aztec Hammer's real dad as well.

@MegaKev mansplaining his way out of fatherhood rn:

latest?cb=20140725074003

5 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

We are the resident Browns fans of the group except I’m sure you’ll like him much better than me Nude, because I believe he is adamant Baker will be a roaring success.

The man is making one hell of a trip for the Brownies cause, he deserves more credit than this Darnold-lovin’ bum!

That's funny. I read his post and the first thing I thought was, "I like this guy better than Aztec." 

jk. You know I can't quit you.

1 hour ago, Mega Ron said:

Aside from the attempts to have me murdered for wearing a Ray Lewis top are there any recommendations as to where I should sit/stand?

I personally don't love sitting in the Dawg Pound.  The atmosphere is fine, but I don't love the view from the end zone (never have).  I prefer the 500 sections, getting as close to the 50-yard line without spending too much.

There are decent deals on both Ticketmaster and Stubhub, so that's about a wash in terms of cost.  I've also used Seatgeek, but it's all about the same usually.

Thanks @ReggieCamp

When I see my team at home I would go behind the goal with the equivalent rubbish view just for the atmosphere and the standing around.

Seeing as this will be my first game it might make sense to get a better perspective of things.

Are you allowed to drink beer at your seat?

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You think that many people would show up if you couldn’t?

This is America.

We’re not allowed to drink in view of the pitch. We are treated as drunken hooligans with no rights. In fact, after Hillsborough, they basically got rid of terracing and made it illegal to stand at games, which is what has led to unofficial standing areas where the view is piss and the atmosphere is good. Football fans over here are treated as worse than criminals.

Archived