Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
swede700

Preseason, Week 3: VIKINGS (1-1) vs Seahawks (0-2)

Rushing Yards  

28 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will have the most rushing yards?

    • Mike Boone
    • CJ Prosise
    • Roc Thomas
    • Rashaad Penny
      0
    • Latavius Murray
    • Chris Carson
      0


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Klomp said:

Beebe makes my team, no doubt.

All depends where they want to go for the fifth guy. Wienecke made plays last night, but it sounds like Zylstra's been more consistent in practice when he was out there. Wright, Coley and King have been mostly invisible.

I agree. Beebe is an intelligent WR, with great quickness and decent speed. Plays tough and has good hands too. Only knock on him is his size. I think he looks good in the slot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

4 chicken strips and fries that would be embarrassed by McDonalds = $10

An 8 oz bag of peanuts = $6

A 16oz can of Minnesota Gold beer = $12

This honestly ruins a good chunk of the experience of going to the games. 

You have to shift your thinking. The experience of going to games does not come from the food and beer in the stadium.  The experience you are paying for is something else. Buying food and beer in the stadium is a desperation play that exhibits a lack of planning ahead. Who amongst us can't go four hours without filling our pie hole?

That is what tailgating is for. I think the state of tailgating is the larger problem. I sure wish the team didn't have to build the stadium downtown where tailgating can't be as good as it could be. Tailgating is part of the experience of going to games that is ruined.

So, I have to shift my thinking. The experience of going to games does not come from tailgating. Ergo, the entertainment of going to games doesn't last as long and isn't as good. It isn't worth driving to the cities for a three hour game and the headaches of the crowd. No longer do I spend a couple hundred bucks to go to games. Instead, I sink maybe three-quarters of that into hosting a group of friends. We can "tailgate" before the game as much as we want and fill our pie holes to our hearts desire during the game. The fun starts two days before the game when I get the brisket started and plan what else I want to throw in the smoker while it is doing its thing.

If you smoke it, that will come. Your gameday experience will be greatly enhanced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing much better than tailgating in -6 degree weather before going to watch the game in person.

But yeah I wouldn't buy much food there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Don’t start missing games in this stage! Make her watch em with you!

but yes, reached down at his hammy 

Haha, football confuses her and when she does watch it, she only watches for the Steelers.

Lame!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Haha, football confuses her and when she does watch it, she only watches for the Steelers.

Lame!!

So you missed the game for a girl but have me a bad time missing one for reunion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Klomp said:

Beebe makes my team, no doubt.

All depends where they want to go for the fifth guy. Wienecke made plays last night, but it sounds like Zylstra's been more consistent in practice when he was out there. Wright, Coley and King have been mostly invisible.

Look at the bright side. The team's lack of depth will make the cuts at the position pretty painless. The team doesn't have much behind the top two. They'll have to keep someone but losing any of them wouldn't hurt too bad. Zylstra and Wieneke might be worth spots on the practice squad. If someone else grabs them it is no huge loss.  Badet doesn't even look worth keeping on the practice squad. Treadwell and Wright probably make the team by default but I would trade either of them away for a $6 bag of stadium peanuts. Wright at least has a history of playing well in the league so the team should keep him for depth since they have nobody else worthy.

Robertson, Coley, Jones, King - I would miss none of them if some other team wants to put them on their 53. If not perhaps the team can find a space on the practice squad.

Then their is Beebe. He has performed the best of the backups. I suppose he is the fifth WR I would keep on the roster. Perhaps he can return punts while Sherels' hamstring heals.

WR looks like a really weak position behind the starting two. Unlike OL, at least the position group has worthy starters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

You have to shift your thinking. The experience of going to games does not come from the food and beer in the stadium.  The experience you are paying for is something else. Buying food and beer in the stadium is a desperation play that exhibits a lack of planning ahead. Who amongst us can't go four hours without filling our pie hole?

That is what tailgating is for. I think the state of tailgating is the larger problem. I sure wish the team didn't have to build the stadium downtown where tailgating can't be as good as it could be. Tailgating is part of the experience of going to games that is ruined.

So, I have to shift my thinking. The experience of going to games does not come from tailgating. Ergo, the entertainment of going to games doesn't last as long and isn't as good. It isn't worth driving to the cities for a three hour game and the headaches of the crowd. No longer do I spend a couple hundred bucks to go to games. Instead, I sink maybe three-quarters of that into hosting a group of friends. We can "tailgate" before the game as much as we want and fill our pie holes to our hearts desire during the game. The fun starts two days before the game when I get the brisket started and plan what else I want to throw in the smoker while it is doing its thing.

If you smoke it, that will come. Your gameday experience will be greatly enhanced.

i need an address....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

30lmnmv.jpg

i loved this play....

It was impressive how he was able to switch hands with the ball while being hit and the defender trying to drag him down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Krauser said:

Cousins was decent but inaccurate on a few passes that hurt the offense, especially the comeback to Thielen that he threw behind him and the stop and go to Thielen down the sideline that should’ve been an explosive play. Placement was also poor on the long pass to Diggs at the goalline that bounced off Griffin’s helmet — if it was an over the shoulder throw it was left way too short, if it was a back shoulder it was too far inside. 

Cousins: “I mean it was the out-breaking route to Adam on the sideline in the two-minute that was down at his feet. That should have been an easy pitch-and-catch. Latavius twice in the flat. The ball was high and away. The ball needs to be on him, not that the second one would’ve been a big gain but just can be more accurate. The inside fade I thought to Diggs would have been a touchdown, if the ball’s thrown accurately. I thought the 2-point conversion was probably there as well and I could’ve made a better throw. When you go 17 of 28 and there’s a few you want back, you could’ve really had a great night, and I feel we just missed that.”

https://www.vikings.com/news/action-reaction-cousins-laments-lists-throws-that-could-have-been-better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Vikings earned 21 first downs, and moved the chains by passing on 17 of those occasions, three times by running the ball and once on a penalty. That rate might seem a little tilted toward the pass, but it also reflects Minnesota involving running backs and fullback C.J. Ham in the passing game to counter a Seattle defense that was stiff against the run.

Minnesota was 12-of-21 on third downs (57 percent) a week after going 0-for-12, and the first team was 7-for-10.

https://www.vikings.com/news/3-stats-that-stood-out-vikings-vs-seahawks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×