Bai Bai Kai

The Gnat

After Carlson heard the news that Forbath had been released, he said he met with him and the two talked. Carlson credited Forbath for sharing some of what he has learned from six years in the NFL, but it was clear the Vikings liked the added the distance that Carlson’s leg could provide.

Carlson:  “We’re very different kickers, just build. Kickoffs, there’s some differences there. And field goals, I think at the end of the day it’s who can make the important kicks and who the team has confidence in, so I feel really good that the coaches and the staff have entrusted me with that confidence, and I think I’ve just got to earn that and prove it again and again.”

Zimmer: “He’s been pretty calm all along. Time will tell on that. It was nice seeing him in Denver, going out and kick those. It will be a little bit different when we’re playing San Francisco, I’m sure. We’ll just see how it goes. You make your decision and live with it.”

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Daniel-Carlsons-leg-calm-demeanor-impress-Mike-Zimmer-120852948/

3 hours ago, RpMc said:

Pretty obvious once Carlson took the extra point following the Forbath missed field goal.... if it wasn’t already obvious after the draft selection. 

Yeah whoever pointed that out was spot on!

Carlson: “I don’t think I’m going to change anything. I’m going to come to practice and compete against myself every day. I think now it’s good to kind of have a little assurance and confidence from the coaching staff and everybody with the Vikings organization, that they trust in me, and I’m going to go out every day and prove them right. You want to be on a winning team, and I came into a situation where, with what they did last season, I’m just going to take that and run with it – do my job one day at a time and hopefully be a part of that success. As a kicker, I hope I get lots of extra points, and when we get some big field goals, I’ll be ready.”

https://www.vikings.com/news/notebook-carlson-confident-after-winning-vikings-kicking-battle?sf195956944=1

i know that line isn't meant to be a slam against Forbath, just a hope for a lot of td's, but yeah... that's gotta hurt.

Archived