Redskins sign Adrian Peterson

49erurtaza

45 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

I feel bad that he is going to a team that isn't a playoff contender. If he comes back it needs to be for a good team that he might be able to win a ring with. 

Yeah, but Skins are probably the highest rated team that had any use for him really.

Eagles/Vikings/Rams/Saints/Falcons/Panthers didn't need him, same with Jags/Steelers/Chargers/Titans/Chiefs
Probably doesn't want to go to GB and reverse Favre it, could've seen him go to New England..maybe they weren't interested?. So Skins are in that next grouping.

53 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

I feel bad that he is going to a team that isn't a playoff contender. If he comes back it needs to be for a good team that he might be able to win a ring with. 

I mean I’ll give you that the Redskins aren’t Super Bowl contenders but I wouldn’t say they aren’t playoff contenders. I’m sure I’m being a little bias here but I don’t see the Skins at in bottom of the barrel. Very tough schedule but I think Smith is going to prove a great fit for our team. 

If he runs for a 1000 at his age, then the Skins are in the Playoffs 100% guaranteed.

He needs 37 yards to move into top-10 all-time rushing

Cause I already know Alex is gonna give us 25-5 TD int ratio numbers or similar.

That's what he does. So if AD gets 1000, then you know he's giving us 7-10 TD's minimum.

We shall see. Lets hope he has 1 good yr left in him.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Did Orleans Darkwa really make someone mad or something? I know he's not great but I thought he did pretty well given the circumstances last year. I'm a little surprised at the complete and total lack of interest coming from teams. 

Darkwa came to DC for a workout, but there was a disparity between the larger role he wanted assurances on, and the role Jay was willing to outright hand over. 

That was my understanding from things that I read. 

34 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Darkwa came to DC for a workout, but there was a disparity between the larger role he wanted assurances on, and the role Jay was willing to outright hand over. 

That was my understanding from things that I read. 

Thats interesting, I can imagine AP being okay with taking a smallish role

7 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thats interesting, I can imagine AP being okay with taking a smallish role

He's eager to prove himself to teams, and seems to be great friends with Trent Williams. Washington at least needs a preseason back to take on carries, and compete for the depth chart with Rob Kelley. It works. 

27 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

How good is the skins OL?

I thought Peterson had some left in the tank watching him last year. He definitely has a chance to have a good year for the Redskins IMO. May not be a popular opinion, but I don't think he's done.

If healthy, they are a very good line. Weak link would be Shaun Lauvao at LG, but Trent Williams and Moses are excellent OTs, Brandon Scherff is an excellent RG, and Chase Rouiller got high grades as their young C. 

Archived