Redskins sign Adrian Peterson

49erurtaza

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, but Skins are probably the highest rated team that had any use for him really.

Eagles/Vikings/Rams/Saints/Falcons/Panthers didn't need him, same with Jags/Steelers/Chargers/Titans/Chiefs
Probably doesn't want to go to GB and reverse Favre it, could've seen him go to New England..maybe they weren't interested?. So Skins are in that next grouping.

Idk if NE would have a role for him. Burkhead, Michel & White all have solid roles

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

How good is the skins OL?

I thought Peterson had some left in the tank watching him last year. He definitely has a chance to have a good year for the Redskins IMO. May not be a popular opinion, but I don't think he's done.

giants are the only team in the nfc east without a good OL

3 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Darkwa came to DC for a workout, but there was a disparity between the larger role he wanted assurances on, and the role Jay was willing to outright hand over. 

That was my understanding from things that I read. 

It's becoming a little late in the process for a guy like Orkwa to be picky about his role IMO.

I'd love him on the Saints as an eventual replacement for Ingram though. 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Did Orleans Darkwa really make someone mad or something? I know he's not great but I thought he did pretty well given the circumstances last year. I'm a little surprised at the complete and total lack of interest coming from teams. 

Darkwa said he wanted a chance at starting, the Redskins wouldn’t guarantee him that. AD on the other hand was humble the Redskins were giving him another chance to prove he can still play in the league.

I’ll be shocked if AD doesn’t prove he’s better than Kelley and Perine. Kelley & Perine are slow and have poor vision. There were holes available for them to hit last year and they missed them or were too slow to get to them. They also both failed to break a lot of tackles - despite their size - something AD doesn’t have a problem with.

I don’t expect AD to be amazing, but the Redskins have a good OL and should again have a good passing game which will mean that there will rarely be 8 men in the box to load up on AD.

It’s entirely possible he can avg 4 ypc behind the Redskins OL and if he gets around 250 carries then he’ll get near or over 1000 yds.

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Idk if NE would have a role for him. Burkhead, Michel & White all have solid roles

Oh yea it wouldn't be big, but just kinda the New England way to entice a guy to sign/win and then barely use him

Archived