Redskins sign Adrian Peterson

49erurtaza

On 2018-08-25 at 3:50 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Seriously, how did people think he was done? I can't wait till he tears it up this year.

he might be able to play at a high level,  but will the Redskins be able to play call in such a way remains to be seen. If washington is falling behind in games, that will leave AP with less carries etc.  He might be a UFA next year and he should got to a team that has a better offence and defence etc. I hope he ends up with the steelers next year,  a perfect place for hime to play the last bit of his career and possible win SB of course. I thought the pats  would have signed him this year actually.  

Hall of Fame wide receiver Cris Carter remembers how his own career ended, and he thinks future Hall of Fame running back Adrian Peterson is due for a similar ending. Carter, who played his 16th and final season in Miami and caught just eight passes, believes Peterson is in for a similar season in Washington this year.

Carter:  “Did you see me in a Dolphins uniform? I had no business playing that season. I wouldn’t have admitted it, either. These guys get so sensitive about everything. Adrian had better get over himself. We were all great. But at the end, we all smelled like a baby’s diaper.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/30/cris-carter-adrian-peterson-stinks-just-like-i-did-with-the-dolphins/

46 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Hall of Fame wide receiver Cris Carter remembers how his own career ended, and he thinks future Hall of Fame running back Adrian Peterson is due for a similar ending. Carter, who played his 16th and final season in Miami and caught just eight passes, believes Peterson is in for a similar season in Washington this year.

Carter:  “Did you see me in a Dolphins uniform? I had no business playing that season. I wouldn’t have admitted it, either. These guys get so sensitive about everything. Adrian had better get over himself. We were all great. But at the end, we all smelled like a baby’s diaper.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/30/cris-carter-adrian-peterson-stinks-just-like-i-did-with-the-dolphins/

I don't know why anyone cares what Cris Carter thinks... Peterson looked pretty good against Denver and is frankly much more of a physical freak than Carter. I think Adrian Peterson will find some success this season.

16 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I don't know why anyone cares what Cris Carter thinks... Peterson looked pretty good against Denver and is frankly much more of a physical freak than Carter. I think Adrian Peterson will find some success this season.

Idk what Carter is talking about. Dude caught a TD in one of those 8 catches he had.

That's not too bad!! Haha

On 27/08/2018 at 9:43 PM, lavar703 said:

Jay Gruden doesn’t plan on using him on 3rd down because of Chris Thompson. Why would you use AP on third downs when you have one of the leagues best third down backs? It’s not a tell at all. He’ll carry the rock 10-15 times a game and mix it up with Thompson just like we did last year with Perine. 

Yeah.  I don't think expecting AP to basically put up a season like Perine is all that outlandish.  That's pretty much exactly what i'd expect from him, in that situation.  Which is probably just about right for where he's at in his career...if he's gonna continue it like this.

I think AD will have a good season with the Redskins this year.  He is still in great shape, and he will be running behind an offensive line that is capable of opening up some nice running lanes for him.  He is capable of getting around 1,200 yards rushing this year if they give him enough carries..

Archived