Preseason week three: Lions @ Bucs - KICKOFF AT 8:59

bucsfan333

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

So like our normal offense. Send Evans and DJax deep and max protect.

I think Koetter s passing concepts are fine, I like that they chuck it down the field.  The issue has been a lack of a running game since Mankins retired.   Assuming decent health, there is no reason this should not be a top 10 offense.

16 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I think Koetter s passing concepts are fine, I like that they chuck it down the field.  The issue has been a lack of a running game since Mankins retired.   Assuming decent health, there is no reason this should not be a top 10 offense.

A checkdown option would be nice. That's my only gripe. We move the ball as well as anyone. But we should use the width of the field more, in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

A checkdown option would be nice. That's my only gripe. We move the ball as well as anyone. But we should use the width of the field more, in my opinion.

Fair criticism.  I believe part of the lack of safety valve is because of  keeping blockers in.  As much as I despise the Saints, I agree with Payton s building of an oline.  Strong guard and center play,  Average tackles that dont get beat inside.  They have 2 of the 3 interior spots filled now.  

Archived