Marquel Lee?

Humble_Beast

I'm interested to see what happens with Lee, particularly in the current context of Guenther being his DC. In Cincy, he seemed to have starters who were viewed as less athletic, run first guys, which Lee is. And the Cincy LB core was lauded as being successful. I know there has been a clamour for athletic, fast LBs and that's where most of the league seems to be heading. I'm not sure that's what Cincy had though and I suspect he's looking for something different than what the consensus view of a linebacker on here is. And Lee has certainly looked the part in PS, albeit against poor opposition.

9 hours ago, Totty said:

Average at best starter going forward.  

I actually like the future of Victor over Lee.  

What makes you say that? I was excited about Victor, but he hasn't really shown up and looks like an easy roster cut in a couple weeks.

Victor has shown very little in the two games. Lee has played very well in those two games and from all reports has had a good camp. He looks like a totally different player. Looks comfortable in this scheme and seems to be just reacting more quickly. Will be interesting to see how Gruden does his depth chart cause IMO he should start over D.Johnson. 

14 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Victor has shown very little in the two games. Lee has played very well in those two games and from all reports has had a good camp. He looks like a totally different player. Looks comfortable in this scheme and seems to be just reacting more quickly. Will be interesting to see how Gruden does his depth chart cause IMO he should start over D.Johnson. 

14 hours ago, big_palooka said:

What makes you say that? I was excited about Victor, but he hasn't really shown up and looks like an easy roster cut in a couple weeks.

I don't get a vibe that he's going to be anything special.  25 tackles in a rookie season.  Idk  There was a flash play here and there.  I just don't see what's to be over joyed about.  Victor had at one point early round draft potential.  A down year and some other issues.  I think he takes a little time to get there but I think he'll be the answer at some point going forward.  Lee would be solid depth.  I'm not saying he sucks, just that I'm anticipating Victor taking the role of starter.  

2 minutes ago, Totty said:

I don't get a vibe that he's going to be anything special.  25 tackles in a rookie season.  Idk  There was a flash play here and there.  I just don't see what's to be over joyed about.  Victor had at one point early round draft potential.  A down year and some other issues.  I think he takes a little time to get there but I think he'll be the answer at some point going forward.  Lee would be solid depth.  I'm not saying he sucks, just that I'm anticipating Victor taking the role of starter.  

I doubt it. That’s about a toss up of warren being on the final roster

edit: I ment he hasn’t shown much of anything. I believe Warren has a better chance. Lee Johnson don’t need much for mlb after that

I have hopes and expectations that he will be a competent starter for us. I don't think he should be too harshly judged on his rookie year. He was a 5th rounder pushed into a starting spot on a bad defensive unit with a bad coordinator. A good coordinator with a coherent scheme in Guenther and more talent around him will help his development. But despite that, his physical limitations cap his ceiling at average starter IMO. More a byproduct of league pass happy trends. Nothing against him. There's nothing wrong with just ok for the time being if we can build around him.

2 hours ago, StocktonSav said:

I have hopes and expectations that he will be a competent starter for us. I don't think he should be too harshly judged on his rookie year. He was a 5th rounder pushed into a starting spot on a bad defensive unit with a bad coordinator. A good coordinator with a coherent scheme in Guenther and more talent around him will help his development. But despite that, his physical limitations cap his ceiling at average starter IMO. More a byproduct of league pass happy trends. Nothing against him. There's nothing wrong with just ok for the time being if we can build around him.

Agree. I will happily take ‘average starter’ at one of the LB positions for the next few years. 

Archived