Roster Prediction

VigilantZombie

Does anyone know what our updated cup number is? I’d like to start the wild and inaccurate trade speculations...but I’m trying to hold back until I know the number. 

BOBBY WAGNER OR KJ WRIGHT. 

....sorry, couldn’t wait 

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Does anyone know what our updated cup number is? I’d like to start the wild and inaccurate trade speculations...but I’m trying to hold back until I know the number. 

BOBBY WAGNER OR KJ WRIGHT. 

....sorry, couldn’t wait 

YES! Someone is finally ready to join me  for crazy speculation. I like where your head is @Dcash4

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

YES! Someone is finally ready to join me  for crazy speculation. I like where your head is @Dcash4

We keep clearing cap space...I’m here for the crazy!

(at least to save me from thinking about Le’Veon Bell until Sunday gets here) 

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Its not because people didnt think he deserved it. Before preseason you could only base his potential on what you saw last year which wasnt much. But as preseason went on it was obvious he had progressed. The issue was that he had limited experience and Landry had more experience. The logic suggested that the FO would continue to support Jones who hadnt gotten worse but also hadnt progressed. 

The right decision was made no matter what the results for Dobbs ultimately are.

4 hours ago, 3rivers said:

I wanted him to make the team, but we all thought Jones was invincible on cut day. How wrong we were:o I think Dobbs will be more than a solid reserve QB, if he gets to play.

I know.  I'm just messing with ya'll.  

The real culprit here is the media.  Eventhough most fans wanted to keep Dobbs, it was the Steelers beat writers and bloggers that kept saying Landry Jones was safe and Dobbs was a dead man walking.  So it makes sense why most fans thought he would be the one to go.

I think what we all learned from this process is the media in Pittsburgh isn't that connected to the front office cause they got this story completely wrong.

16 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

His tag is already counting against cap...they’re not paying up $25 mill this year.

Something is going down.

if they give bell that deal it might be us unless he is all out and stays healthy. I doubt he will be either, and remember, we had an easy schedule last year, but not this year.

6 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

My friend is a diehard Chiefs fan and he sent me a text two days ago saying that Houston is washed. He said he lost all his power from those injuries. 

thats too bad, but sutton last drops him into coverage too much. I expect him to rebound, but if not we have Adeniyi and maybe UFA will help next season. The Carl Lawson trade for bell won't happen, but that would be a steal 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

Adeniyi is on the IR Return so he is out for quite a while. I expect more 4-3 as a result, but if there is a trade in the works, what Edge would you want them to bring in

I don't know if he is still on there trading block but I do know that Jacksonville at one time was trying to trade Dante Fowler; 

Apparently the NYJs have contacted Jacksonville with interest 

So just want to throw something out there I put in another thread:

We did this restructure, and I wouldn’t push to use this space unless there’s an injury. 2019’s projected space is still $14 mil. Roll over say $10 mil of this years. 

Thats $24 mil in cap space next year. 

Then you do some potential simple nipping and tucking like cutting Haden, and the space balloons to $34 million. 

$34 mil to throw around with guys like Earl Thomas, Ziggy Ansah, Clowney, Barr, Mosley, Clinton-Dix, Roby, Darby....and the way this FO can be creative, we can really change the defense. 

$10mil in year one for ET, $15 mil in year one for Ansah, $9mil in year one for Roby or Darby. That give us a super bowl quality defense fast. 

But alas, I bet the FO uses the money to extend Ben, Dupree, Gilbert, and James. Then sit there and talk again how it’s not that they avoid FA it’s that they don’t have the money for FA. 

At some point they will have to switch to what I will call the Cowher system.  Players walk on C$3.  That is the most expensive contract with generally the least value.  It can net comp picks in the draft.  Gilbert is prime for that as is Pouncey.

Archived