Ravens CB Jimmy Smith suspended 4 games

TheVillain112

This is related to the custody thing (google it) I think (Who knows with the NFL)

The ravens suck without Jimmy but if what his Ex said is true....I kinda hope we cut him. 

Coming off an Achillies and two suspensions back to back, wouldn't be shocked if the ravens just moved on. 

Had no idea he was already 30 years old. Forgot he came into the league in 2011.

So reading into it, his baby momma must have handed over the text messages between the two. I don't know how else the league would find him guilty of threatening and mentally abusing her.

38 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Oh no... That's uhh.... That's a shame. 

HAHA! Atleast you're not like some division rival fans who try to sound PC by saying things like "damn, it sucks X player got hurt, I would rather beat them at full strength" - knowing damn well their jumping for joy, thinking "hell yeah, that's one less problem my team has to worry about".

I respect that. :D

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

HAHA! Atleast you're not like some division rival fans who try to sound PC by saying things like "damn, it sucks X player got hurt, I would rather beat them at full strength" - knowing damn well their jumping for joy, thinking "hell yeah, that's one less problem my team has to worry about".

I respect that. :D

Well, in fairness, I wouldnt have said that if his absence was due to injury.   

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Injuries and dumb stuff really held this guy back from being one of the better ones in the league.

Mostly injuries. He's only missed a handful of games in his like 7 year career because of PED's and now this. It's really just been injuries and the fact he wasn't good until about 3 years ago.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Mostly injuries. He's only missed a handful of games in his like 7 year career because of PED's and now this. It's really just been injuries and the fact he wasn't good until about 3 years ago.

He broke out 5 years ago in 2013. 

I'm not defending Jimmy's actions here at all, and would be fine if the Ravens decided to move on from him. But no one is talking about how a first offense suspension for "threatening" text messages and "emotional abuse" with "no evidence" of violence, got a longer than (again according to nfl investigators conclusions) an actual assault by Jameis WInston (who has at least one other such settled incident in his past). I mean.... is it just fatigue at trying to get NFL logic?

10 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

He broke out 5 years ago in 2013. 

I'm not defending Jimmy's actions here at all, and would be fine if the Ravens decided to move on from him. But no one is talking about how a first offense suspension for "threatening" text messages and "emotional abuse" with "no evidence" of violence, got a longer than (again according to nfl investigators conclusions) an actual assault by Jameis WInston (who has at least one other such settled incident in his past). I mean.... is it just fatigue at trying to get NFL logic?

Trying to compare NFL suspension logic is like trying to understand why a pigeon prefers seeds to walnuts, we'll never know and it makes zero sense to try.

Ravens should straight up cut Jimmy Smith for being the d-bag he is and the fact he uses PEDs, but they won't because he's too valuable. The ravens are massive hypocrites and it's just like....Why? Did they not learn their lesson from Ray Rice? 

Archived