Jimmy Smith suspended 4 games for violating Personal Conduct Policy

M.10.E

so you would cut JJ Watt if you were the Texans for being oft-injured? come on man. wtf is going on with you guys xD

not his fault his cap hit is ridiculous at 15m cause the Ravens brass just cannot handle the cap.
still i woud absolutely keep him for 15m if he gives me 12 games of top3 CB play + possible playoffs.

12 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

so you would cut JJ Watt if you were the Texans for being oft-injured? come on man. wtf is going on with you guys xD

not his fault his cap hit is ridiculous at 15m cause the Ravens brass just cannot handle the cap.
still i woud absolutely keep him for 15m if he gives me 12 games of top3 CB play + possible playoffs.

We're not talking about the best player in the NFL here - we're talking about Jimmy Smith. 

As much as I like Smith on the field, this is bad. If he doesn't come back at an elite level and stay healthy for the last 12(+) games of the season I think he's cut come next March. That $9.5 million in cap savings can't be passed up if Jimmy proves unreliable (in one way or another) again. Man, I really really like him at cornerback too. 

20 hours ago, berlin calling said:

you acting like missing 11 of 32 games in 2 years is never being available is probably justified though, gotcha.

you're trying to compare his situation and potentially releasing him to JJ Watt................but I'm the one being unrealistic? lol

Jimmy is a fine player when he's on the field, but over the past two years it's been off-and-on. Compound that with the PED issue. Compound that with the off-the-field issues. Compound that with his already extensive injury history as it is. Compound that with his age and contract. It's not hard to see where this is going.

He’s a 30+ corner coming off an Achilles. I wasn’t expecting much from him. If Humphrey, Young, and Carr look good we should trade him as soon as the suspension ends. The amount of money we’ve given him over the years for the amount of time he’s actually been on the field is insane 

23 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

He’s a 30+ corner coming off an Achilles. I wasn’t expecting much from him. If Humphrey, Young, and Carr look good we should trade him as soon as the suspension ends. The amount of money we’ve given him over the years for the amount of time he’s actually been on the field is insane 

Nah, I would say wait until the offseason IMO.  I like this team's chance to make a run and him coming back for the back half of the season is way more valuable than what we would likely get for him given his salary and recent suspension.

Archived