Preseason Week 3 Bengals @ Bills

MrCincinnati

53 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Seems like most of the linemen are doing ok to good in the pass pro department.  They're just having a really hard time run blocking.

And hey, he hasn't a fumbled a snap yet right?

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

This is the best I've seen Geno.  I don't know how much he's asking for but Mike Brown needs to pay it...

His preseason has been very impressive.  Having all that talent around him probably helps as well.  That specific play you posted was possible because they didn't double him.  He's seen a lot of double teams the last few years.

53 minutes ago, fluhartz said:
1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

btw, one thing I noticed on the deep ball to Ross is that we chipped the LDE with the TE (Uzomah I think).  Smart play design to help Hart out and give Dalton enough time to make the deep pass...

I noticed that too.. I think they are going to be using him for that a lot this year.

If they're smart they will do that all the time with whatever TE is on the field, or even the RB.  The line has been ok so far in pass pro, but who knows how long that will keep up.

14 minutes ago, theJ said:

Seems like most of the linemen are doing ok to good in the pass pro department.  They're just having a really hard time run blocking.

And hey, he hasn't a fumbled a snap yet right?

No fumbled snaps in games that I noticed.  The run blocking has been bad, but a lot of that is on non-OL personnel as well.  Kroft has been terrible at blocking (pass and run).  Honestly, I'd like to see Uzomah get more snaps over him.  Kroft is a liability blocking, the below happens A LOT:

32 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

No fumbled snaps in games that I noticed.  The run blocking has been bad, but a lot of that is on non-OL personnel as well.  Kroft has been terrible at blocking (pass and run).  Honestly, I'd like to see Uzomah get more snaps over him.  Kroft is a liability blocking, the below happens A LOT:

Making #90 look like Geno.

2 minutes ago, theJ said:

Making #90 look like Geno.

While it's probably impossible to do, we need to eliminate our blocking schemes that put our TEs against DEs and bigger OLBs one on one.  I recall Eifert got Dalton blown up when we tried to have him block Suggs 1-on-1.  Kroft in the above 1-on-1 against a DE in a run play, blew that play up.

I can't believe I'm saying this but TE might be a big need for us.  Eifert, Kroft, and Uzomah are good receivers but liabilities as blockers right now...

4 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Dennard's potential replacement if he leaves next offseason.  Although (Hear me out theJ), we cut Kirkpatrick and sign Dennard.  Russell and WJII on the outside, Dennard in the slot...

I'm good with that.  Never been a fan of Kirkpatrick, but i think Dennard is ripening well.

30 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

It was funny watching Kirkpatrick actually able to keep up with a WR for once when he was facing Benjamin. 

Everyone on defense looked good against the Bills.  IIRC Dre did get burnt on some slants for first downs against the Cowboys though, so I'm not holding my breath.  I think our D/Team will look great Week One, but I'm more concerned we how we defend the Steelers/Patriot receivers...

Archived