Preseason Week 3: Jaguars vs. Falcons (Ryan is overrated edition)

.Buzz

1 hour ago, skaterbirdhouse said:

I hope so. Hate to say it but his play has been slightly worrisome this preseason. With any luck he is just working out some kinks.

Yea I feel exactly the same way and with the most tenured WR on the Jaguars gone, he has to build a in-game rapport fast with who he has

17 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Preseason 2018:

35/52 (67.3%) 416 yards (8.0 avg) 0 TDs (1 rushing) 3 INTs

Preseason 2017:

23/34 (67.6%) 206 yards (6.1 avg) 1 TD 1 INT

More INTs, but overall I think his preseason this year has looked a lot better than last year and he's being allowed to do a bit more.

I was one of the few who never gave up on Blake but he has been very up and down during the preseason. I get he has had some great drives but we need him to not turn the ball over, which he has done. There have been a few passes that easily could have been picked in addition to the ones that were.

I think he’s our best option don’t get me wrong, but it does make me nervous at the same time.

1 hour ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Preseason 2018:

35/52 (67.3%) 416 yards (8.0 avg) 0 TDs (1 rushing) 3 INTs

Preseason 2017:

23/34 (67.6%) 206 yards (6.1 avg) 1 TD 1 INT

More INTs, but overall I think his preseason this year has looked a lot better than last year and he's being allowed to do a bit more.

The biggest thing to note is that practices are much different. He was bad in practice and in games pretty consistently. Now he's just having some bad decisions here and there. They've cropped up a lot in these few games,  and you want them to drop, but confidence this offseason in him is much higher than it has been.

Honestly, I'm a bit concerned with Blake. Team's get a drop on what you do well after the season. That's what this league does, and this offense relied a lot on crossers to keep the ball moving.

Two of his INTs were the defense disguising man looks vs crossers. He had another one that was dropped in similar fashion.

It's early and perhaps Hackett has more things in store, but I feel like we've really schemes guys open especially our backs to make this offense work.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, if thats what the defense gives us.

9 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Honestly, I'm a bit concerned with Blake. Team's get a drop on what you do well after the season. That's what this league does, and this offense relied a lot on crossers to keep the ball moving.

Two of his INTs were the defense disguising man looks vs crossers. He had another one that was dropped in similar fashion.

It's early and perhaps Hackett has more things in store, but I feel like we've really schemes guys open especially our backs to make this offense work.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, if thats what the defense gives us.

I think our WRs are better and Blake has improved. If anyone I hope he runs more, not that I don't trust him as a passer but he was an effective runner. They need to trust Blake with the ball unlike this safe stuff we did vs NE

Archived