Carolina speedster DJ Moore cited after driving 113mph in a work zone

Dome

Kinda feel the work zone aspect is being overplayed. The state dropped the speeding limit 5mph from normal? I’m thinking it wasn’t much of a work zone. Sounds more like a scam to get double the cash. Would be interested in seeing what the work zone looked like. 

Still it’s dumb to speed that much. He’s a kid who just got a ton of money and probably a nice new car. I’m sure he will learn from this. Overall, minor issue to me given current info. 

22 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Kinda feel the work zone aspect is being overplayed. The state dropped the speeding limit 5mph from normal? I’m thinking it wasn’t much of a work zone. Sounds more like a scam to get double the cash. Would be interested in seeing what the work zone looked like. 

Still it’s dumb to speed that much. He’s a kid who just got a ton of money and probably a nice new car. I’m sure he will learn from this. Overall, minor issue to me given current info. 

On a serious note, if he had hurt someone, the tone would be so different.   I get that's the point some are making.  And it's fair.

Thing is, like you said, he's a kid - just turned 21 years old.   It's royally stupid what he did - but with a 21 year-old man who just got a new car that can really go, well, I'll be the first to admit I did similarly stupid stuff at that age.   And yeah, that was royally dumb.   It's just hard to damn the kid's future.   He made a dumb mistake that most 20-21 (hell, 25 lol) year old males in fast cars have done.  He should lose his licence, and if the law says there's possible jail time, sure, that's the law.   But let's not go overboard here.  He's not beyond redemption, nor a habitual offender.   It's not like he'll be the first, nor sadly will he be the last.    The most likely outcome is he learns - if he doesn't, well then questioning his future/character has merit.  Until then, he's lucky it wasn't worse, but it's an opportunity to learn a valuable lesson, and move on.

He made a mistake.  Dumb one.  He's lucky there aren't worse consequences.  Let's pump the brakes on more severe criticism of his character or questioning his future (even if he didn't).  

4 hours ago, eagles101 said:

The autobahn has an advanced system of signs that allow people to go extreme speeds and only has small areas where your allowed to go fast. For example you are not allowed to go 100+ where they are doing construction. 

But the mindset of i dont immediately see danger so there must not be danger was what i was talking about. The autobahn has clear open roads designed for fast driving. He didnt see the cop and the cop could hve easily been the first construction worker showing up or the last one leaving. Its also a freaking construction site so the is a high chance of debris being on the road. So going 100+ gives you less room for error, hes going on a road that has a high chance of giving you that error, in a place where there is a high chance of people a few feet from your car. 

Now you're just making assumptions to be dramatic.

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

On a serious note, if he had hurt someone, the tone would be so different.   I get that's the point some are making.  And it's fair.

Thing is, like you said, he's a kid - just turned 21 years old.   It's royally stupid what he did - but with a 21 year-old man who just got a new car that can really go, well, I'll be the first to admit I did similarly stupid stuff at that age.   And yeah, that was royally dumb.   It's just hard to damn the kid's future.   He made a dumb mistake that most 20-21 (hell, 25 lol) year old males in fast cars have done.  He should lose his licence, and if the law says there's possible jail time, sure, that's the law.   But let's not go overboard here.  He's not beyond redemption, nor a habitual offender.   It's not like he'll be the first, nor sadly will he be the last.    The most likely outcome is he learns - if he doesn't, well then questioning his future/character has merit.  Until then, he's lucky it wasn't worse, but it's an opportunity to learn a valuable lesson, and move on.

He made a mistake.  Dumb one.  He's lucky there aren't worse consequences.  Let's pump the brakes on more severe criticism of his character or questioning his future (even if he didn't).  

I dont think anyone is dmning his future. 30 day sentence cut to 14 with good behavior. Thats far from a life sentence. 

Hes also far from a kid. Hes not to young to understand consequences. 

4 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

I dont think anyone is dmning his future. 30 day sentence cut to 14 with good behavior. Thats far from a life sentence. 

Hes also far from a kid. Hes not to young to understand consequences. 

I have zero problem with jail if that’s the state practice.  And yes he should be accountable.   But he’s 21.  The amount of stupidity young males that age do routinely is astounding.    By all means let him face the music.  But there’s also a very clear line of thinking this might signal problems about how he will be down the line.  Given it’s his first real misstep that we know of, that’s premature.  That’s all I’m saying.  

Jail time is a bit excessive... Suspend his license for a year and give him a hefty fine.  With possibility of jail time if he's caught driving with a suspended license.  Who among us hasn't done something stupid and reckless like this?  First offense (assuming) and nobody was hurt, so there's no need to go overboard with jail time.

5 hours ago, eagles101 said:

The autobahn has an advanced system of signs that allow people to go extreme speeds and only has small areas where your allowed to go fast. For example you are not allowed to go 100+ where they are doing construction. 

But the mindset of i dont immediately see danger so there must not be danger was what i was talking about. The autobahn has clear open roads designed for fast driving. He didnt see the cop and the cop could hve easily been the first construction worker showing up or the last one leaving. Its also a freaking construction site so the is a high chance of debris being on the road. So going 100+ gives you less room for error, hes going on a road that has a high chance of giving you that error, in a place where there is a high chance of people a few feet from your car. 

50 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

What was an assumption 

Everything in bold. You're making up things to make it seem like he was doing 100mph in a crowded construction zone with debris on a windy narrow road and almost hit a cop.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

I have zero problem with jail if that’s the state practice.  And yes he should be accountable.   But he’s 21.  The amount of stupidity young males that age do routinely is astounding.    By all means let him face the music.  But there’s also a very clear line of thinking this might signal problems about how he will be down the line.  Given it’s his first real misstep that we know of, that’s premature.  That’s all I’m saying.  

Idk how they much they enforce it but what he did can result in 60 days in jail.

32 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Everything in bold. You're making up things to make it seem like he was doing 100mph in a crowded construction zone with debris on a windy narrow road and almost hit a cop.

If he did see he cop and still kept going hen hes an idiot. So i did assume hes not a complete moron. 

I have yet to drive by a road construction that didnt leave some sort of debris on the road. Its inevitable. 

Road construction also always has people on or near the road. 

Its not assumption its common sense. Your ignorance makes it hrd for you to understand the dangers.

17 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

If he did see he cop and still kept going hen hes an idiot. So i did assume hes not a complete moron. 

I have yet to drive by a road construction that didnt leave some sort of debris on the road. Its inevitable. 

Road construction also always has people on or near the road. 

Its not assumption its common sense. Your ignorance makes it hrd for you to understand the dangers.

How do you know the police vehicle was marked? How do you know it didn't look like a normal vehicle from behind? How do you know workers were present in the construction zone? How do you know that workers, if present, were near the road? How do you know debris was on the road?

Like I said, you're just making assumptions to make the situation seem worse than it was for whatever person reasons you have. I drive by construction zones all the time when I travel from Portland to Seattle or Portland back home. Rarely do I see workers near the road and I've never seen debris on the road so I know for a fact there's at least a possibility there were no workers in that zone nor was there debris. Again, assumptions. Neither of us know the circumstances - for all we know it was a finished construction zone with nobody there on a straight 4-lane highway rather than a crowded construction zone with workers and debris on the road.

2 hours ago, areksoo said:

Jail time is a bit excessive... Suspend his license for a year and give him a hefty fine.  With possibility of jail time if he's caught driving with a suspended license.  Who among us hasn't done something stupid and reckless like this?  First offense (assuming) and nobody was hurt, so there's no need to go overboard with jail time.

Me

19 hours ago, eagles101 said:

This is a disgusting mindset tbh. Cars are dangerous and people with your mindset, is what kills people.

No what kills people are the timid drivers who slam on the brakes for no reason, drive slowly in the left lane and don't keep up with the flow of traffic. I'm assuming all of these apply to you. Also almost everything in life can be dangerous so don't start with that. 

Archived