Iloka to the Vikes?

The Gnat

Yeah, I doubt he just lost it, but it gives flexibility for more packages since all of Smith, Iloka, Sendejo can play the run well enough, so they could do a pseudo nickle, give better coverage, but still be strong against the run. Could see Zim opening it up to a battle for the position as well. If I'm not mistaken, Sendejo doesn't have much of a cap hit if he's released, though.

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Iloka is betting on himself. I wonder what the plans are, can't imagine Sendejo just lost his starting job.

Sendejo is already 30 and in the last year of his deal I believe. If Illoka works out may be the Vikings give him a fair deal.

Interesting potential nugget with this signing.  He's a "free" free agent signing; as in no factor in the compensatory pick equation.  Should he excel, and we choose to extend him next year and let Sendejo potentially walk, we could have upgraded the position without expending resources (other than cash/cap)

we could also end up letting him walk and potentially gain a comp pick for him. 

5 minutes ago, whitehops said:

i find it a little funny how stacked our secondary depth is compared to other position groups on the team. like, we could probably field two solid secondaries but can't even field one starting offensive line. 

5 years ago, they could barely field a starting secondary.  After Harry got injured, they had a starting secondary of Chris Cook, Josh Robinson, Andrew Sendejo and Jamarca Sanford (Xavier was a rookie).

I still have faith that they will eventually be able to get some depth at O-Line.  But, first they need to find some stability with the starters, like they did in the secondary.     

44 minutes ago, whitehops said:

i find it a little funny how stacked our secondary depth is compared to other position groups on the team. like, we could probably field two solid secondaries but can't even field one starting offensive line. 

Our second secondary group of Hughes/Newman, Harris, Iloka and Alexander is probably better than the Packers first team secondary.

Archived