Patriots cut Kenny Britt WR

49erurtaza

46 minutes ago, Elky said:

Pretty worried that these first four weeks are going to feel like 2013; unless Berrios steps up, we only have Hogan and Gronk until Edelman returns.

The JAX and MIA game (given how well MIA matches up traditionally, and how they've really addressed secondary and how much the young CB's are progressing, Howard really is coming on as a shutdown CB) will be telling how much that hit to their WR corps matters.   For HOU/DET, I think TB12 will exploit the weakest matchup(s) mercilessly, like he's done so many times in the past.   Bigger problem with Wynn done is their OL depth IMO.   But I've learned to never count out BB & TB12.   This will test their philosophy of next man up for sure, though.   Just that we've seen them rise to the occasion too many times to say it's panic time.   They are clearly nowhere near the top AFC team talent-wise..but we've also see them still excel regardless.   

8 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Brady, and Gronkowski will be enough.

It's ironic though - really good pass D's will give BB a taste of his own medicine - take out the best guy, and make the team win with other guys.  Brady's always been good enough to do that, but the first 4 weeks will test him with JAX/MIA.   Wouldn't surprise me to see Ramsey on Gronk, not sure if we'd see Howard on Gronk with MIA, but bracketing to cover him high-low with really good, high-level players (MIA's S's, Minkah although year 1 will have to go through the rookie lumps), seems like a lock Weeks 1-4.   Not sure HOU & DET can execute it nearly as well as MIA/JAX should be able to.

Having said that, still don't count out TB12 & BB at all.  Not like they haven't been through this before.

15 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Is Berrios a lock for the roster at this point?

I think the Pats will exaggerate the severity of an injury that has limited Berrios since rookie minicamp for PUP or IR so he can catch up on learning the offense. May be stashed on the practice squad but it's likely some team would claim Berrios off waivers if let go. Not a lock to make it but should be based on the draft selection and upside. Looks good albiet in limited opportunities as a returner and receiver. If Decker or McCarron don't bust out for huge games tomorrow, we could see both cut, Berrios safe, and eventually Dez Bryant signed to an incentive laiden one year contract.

Archived