Frederick out indefinitely

WizardHawk

I am hesitant to lay my hat on seeing Fredrick play sooner rather then later but what we were seeing in practice and such didn’t fit the full on diagnosis of the disease I was reading so we will see there I know he needed to be on the active roster for a limited time to be eligible to come back this year so this might be about that but I think we will know rather quickly and for sure after week 1 one way or the other

the Smith news is encouraging but I also am a skeptic about him as well I really see us picking up a swing tackle over the waiver wire 

12 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I dont understand this. Are we about to hear some breaking news that it was a false alarm on that rare disease?

It is different for everyone. I was reading stories from people who had it. Some of them said it only lasted a few weeks. 

27 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It is different for everyone. I was reading stories from people who had it. Some of them said it only lasted a few weeks. 

Yep, to add on have read that the greatest point of weakness occurs at the 4 week mark (at most), then symptoms start to stabilize. Frederick announced GBS on 22nd, so it's possibly he is already over the hump from a weakness standpoint. Which would make sense, since Dallas is keeping him on active roster. 

I know there is optimism that Frederick will return next month, but it's not sounding great.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/long-road-left-in-front-of-travis-frederick

"He has seen some strength return, and he said he’s been cleared to begin some activities in the weight room.

But that is a far cry from a full-go, as Frederick acknowledged he is still dealing with several symptoms.

“Currently, I’m still experiencing numbness in both my feet and both my hands,” he said.

“I have no idea at this point -- and I wish I was lying to you by telling you that,” Frederick said. “But when Coach Garrett tells you that this is a week-by-week thing, it really is. I have some of the best doctors in the business working on this, and they can’t even begin to predict how this is going to work.”

“This is something that I can’t just will my way through,” he said. “It’s a matter of the nerves just not conducting properly and not working correctly.”

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Sounds like a move to IR is coming. Not the news I’d hoped to hear, but not surprised either

Several things come to mind.

-The Beard is a tough SOB. I have no doubt he will win this fight.

-But i need the Beard to focus on his fight. This season can wait.

-It is encouraging to see Looney play so well in his absence.

-Bring forth the IR if we must - but I absolutely still want him around the team. I think his presence is vital for the growth of all and his support structure.

Archived