Practice Squad Tracker & Bubble Targets Watch

Mind Character

With cut time approaching in a hurry, I thought this could be a place to post various names that are buzzing in terms of potential cuts that may be able to provide value to our roster.

A few names to get this thread started:

1.) DT Dominique Easley, LA Rams: One of Gregg Williams favorite players that he's bonded with. Easley tore his ACL last year and was just reactivated off of PUP and is thought to have too much to catch up on to be retained by the Rams. Is he really healthy and recovered from last year's injury?? If so, he could provide the type of juice and push back inside rush ability that we need from our 3-Tech position.

2..) OT Parker Ehinger, KC Chiefs: A John Dorsey favorite, Parker may be thought to be an upgrade over Shon Coleman or Greg Robinson as a reliable number 2 LT/RT option. I don't like his game, but Dorsey may have eyes for him as the tackle is highly likely to be cut soon.

3.) CB Akeem King, Seattle Seahawks: The Kasen Williams (preseason superstar) of this year's nfl roster breakdown. At 6'3'', King has the length, awareness, and competitiveness to be have an impact in any CB group. Apparently, the Seattle faithful believe he's future starter material, but their beat writers think he's a long shot to make the team as their CB unit is stacked. Can he come in and help us more so than the Mike Jordan types on our team??

You can't ever have enough capable (insert position). Another tackle that can play guard is what this team needs but I feel like they are committed to Harrison at LT and Coleman at RT for the time being. An injury could change that. 

If Easley is healthy I'd love him on our team.

@Mind Character, which positions do you think Dorsey will be looking to add to still at this point? I can definitely see DT and LT, though I don't see many positions we don't already have hard choices at. 

Safety maybe? Or is it set in stone to be Damarious, Jabrill, Kindred and...BBC(?)?

Maybe TE? I wouldn't be surprised if both Cajuste and Devalve are cut and we go for another pass catcher type. I haven't kept up very well with bubble guys. I like Easley, though, if he's healthy.

Oh, and in before, "Kenny Britt just became available."

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

They’re will be at least 1 pro bowl level player cut because of a large salary they won’t negotiate. Seems like there’s one every year. Maybe earl Thomas?

I doubt he doesn't get traded for at least a late rounder to a team who will re-sign him. If he gets cut, I seriously doubt he signs here, especially with all that Cowboy smoke.

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

@Mind Character, which positions do you think Dorsey will be looking to add to still at this point? I can definitely see DT and LT, though I don't see many positions we don't already have hard choices at. 

Safety maybe? Or is it set in stone to be Damarious, Jabrill, Kindred and...BBC(?)?

Maybe TE? I wouldn't be surprised if both Cajuste and Devalve are cut and we go for another pass catcher type. I haven't kept up very well with bubble guys. I like Easley, though, if he's healthy.

Oh, and in before, "Kenny Britt just became available."

Sign Britt just so we can cut him again.

You know... I've really just assumed that Devalve would get healthy and improve, but he just hasn't.

In truth, for some weird reason I haven't given much thought to the TE position, but you'd absolutely be right in thinking we look for an upgrade there.

Good news is.. a lot of good TE fall off rosters at the 53 cut so I'd bet we got there.

While I can see safety I think you address some of the positions that may be more pressing from Dorsey's perspective like:

20 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Positions to Watch On the Post-53 Waiver Wire:

1.) Center: Austin Reiter is one of the most overrated players on this team. He can't anchor, his flexibility and functional strength are terrible. He didn't even play all that well and was unchallenged in the game that this town thinks he was so amazing in. Anthony Fabiano is even worse. We need an upgrade. I could see us picking up a guy in the waiver wire after the final cuts, and that player being our backup center for the rest of the season. Not the best position to bring in with short prep for the season, but it's worth taking a shot.

2.) LT: No explanation needed

3.) CB: Our CB position group is one of the most overlooked weak parts of our roster. Hopefully a veteran cap casualty finds their way to the market and we can sign them.

4.) DT, 3-Tech

I think we are razor thin at CB regarding quality starting impact.

We have to look at that position to upgrade imo.

38 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I think we are razor thin at CB regarding quality starting impact.

We have to look at that position to upgrade imo.

I disagree

Ward, Carrie, Mitchell, BBC, Denzel Rice/Mike Jordan is a good unit

then you get EJ Gaines back I'm good with that

I really want another FS in case something were to happen to Randall

that and maybe some Oline help and to me we're good

15 hours ago, brownie man said:

I disagree

Ward, Carrie, Mitchell, BBC, Denzel Rice/Mike Jordan is a good unit

then you get EJ Gaines back I'm good with that

I really want another FS in case something were to happen to Randall

that and maybe some Oline help and to me we're good

Maybe...

But... Which one of those CBs have started in the NFL and had substantive quality impact for a whole season?

Terrance Mitchell started 9 games for the Chiefs and then was benched.

EJ Gaines started 5 at boundary and 6 at nickel, but was injured and later benched.

We have quantity not quality imo.

A lot of guys we need to step up...

If a vet or salary cap casualty comes available, I think we have to jump at that opportunity...

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Maybe...

But... Which one of those CBs have started in the NFL and had substantive quality impact for a whole season?

Terrance Mitchell started 9 games for the Chiefs and then was benched.

EJ Gaines started 5 at boundary and 6 at nickel, but was injured and later benched.

We have quantity not quality imo.

A lot of guys we need to step up...

If a vet or salary cap casualty comes available, I think we have to jump at that opportunity...

You know there is only one way you are allowed to use that word, and it's only in the negative sense, and it is only supposed to refer to your posts, and only you can write it.

Another target could be Travis Swanson, Center on the NYJ... he is is likely to be cut and based on his college tape there are still FO fans of his game.

I haven't watched him in the pros to know if his game is irredeemable or not...

If he still has something to him then he'd be an upgrade over Reiter...

Replace C Austin Reiter with C Travis Swanson (NYJ); Replace OG Spencer Drango with OG Parker Ehinger (KC Chiefs); Replace/Add CB Mike Jordan with CB Akeem King

Archived