Preaseason Game #3: Baltimore Ravens (3-0) @ Miami Dolphins (0-2)

TheKillerNacho

Tannehill has looked pretty poised so far in the preseason, and the OL has done a surprising job pass blocking fairly well. I'd like to see more stability from our OTs.

I'll be watching this one closely as I missed the 2nd preseason game since I was out of town. On the defensive side, I want to see one of the DTs seize a wide-open starting job. Twitter got all excited about Baker in the first game, but I want to see his run fits improve, he seemed to miss his gap more than once, including on that 71-yarder last week. I will not at all be surprised to see Kiko alongside McMillan as the starting sub-LBs; Stephone Anthony is a big fast guy I'd love to see seize this opportunity to become a starter in base as well. I'm not as high on Baker as many seem to be, I just don't think he'll make much impact in his rookie year.

10 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

And we still got our butt kicked. At least Tanne looked good. Why did the Ravens sit?

Ronnie Stanley is dinged, Marshal Yanda isn't playing during the preseason, and James Hurst was also hurt. So 3 starting OL down and poor depth. The couple extra reps for Flacco and the crew weren't worth the risk. 

That was the offense, but we played a couple guys on defense for 1 or 2 series. 

Good game fellas.  Don't freak out too much, I actually thought your OL held up the best out of all the teams we played so far. 1st and 2nd string.

On 8/25/2018 at 7:57 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

And we still got our butt kicked. At least Tanne looked good. Why did the Ravens sit?

He started slowly, but picked it up in the 2nd quarter.  I know it's only preseason, but the amount of drive-killing penalties still bugged me.  Overall, it wasn't terrible.

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

#74 Zach Sterup for you guys is really strong. I was reviewing the game and his strength popped. 

I'm pretty excited about him myself. He seems like a nice reserve/rotational OT. Dude is huge. Especially since we've been lacking OL depth in the last decade.

I thought you guys would appreciate this. It's a horrible play by the Ravens, and one where people have been trying to figure out what happened. @Edgar does a lot of film review and caught a funny moment from Tannehill during said play. He get's super excited when he sees an easy audible. lol It's great to see Ryan healthy and playing football again. Good luck on the season fellas. 

Archived