Eli Harold traded to lions

49erurtaza

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

So I wonder who they replace him with. Pita is the popular name amongst fans, but he only gets in  during 4th quarters of these preseason games so it can't be him. Possibly Attaochu or Watson? 

Watson should be the starter I would assume. I'm assuming pita makes the team now though as the backup

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Watson should be the starter I would assume. I'm assuming pita makes the team now though as the backup

Cool. Watson is just a guy but gets Pita closer to having a spot on the defense. I want to see more of him this game against the Colts. Pita always shines with limited snaps, but that is against 3rd and 4th stringers.

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm not really sure what this has to do with Warner? I mean Harold in nickel situations wasn't in the game anyways. Or is Maiocco saying Warner will get some time at SAM on base downs?

I broached this idea when we drafted Warner. I'm not convinced that he couldn't do it. KJ Wright obviously is a fantastic sam linebacker in a similar scheme. Warner is a little smaller, so it may not be ideal, but it's possible as they are still somewhat comparable. But even still, it's hard for me to fathom throwing Warner down there in a two point stance. Even though he and Wright aren't that far off, I feel like Wright is just structured in a better way to handle that. A little thicker and meatier if you will. Warner is built more like a safety. 

5 minutes ago, N4L said:

I would have rather just cut him considering we play Detroit in week 2.. now they have too much inside information

Honestly would be a little surprised if he made their roster. That's most likely the condition

Archived