Eli Harold traded to lions

49erurtaza

11 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

This is what I said after the draft. Though Warner isn't the prototypical SAM, his length and coverage ability may make sense there. People tend to forget the SAM drops into coverge ALOT in this primary Cover 3 scheme. Warner has been better than I thought, taking on blocks with his stack and shed. May not be as big as you would like at SAM but if we're trying to get our 3 best LBs on the field, especially from a coverage standpoint, the trio of Smith, Foster, and Warner make alot of sense. You just hope Warner can hold the edge in the run game but I rather it be him than Watson tbh. But honestly, I think Marsh will be the starter. It's where he played primarily in Seattle so he has experience there, in this scheme.

2010 had to be given consideration if you're crediting him for the draft. Davis and iupati and Bowman. Kyle Williams was a fine sixth rounder. 

Davis was a flake, but good for a couple of years. Iupati was a very solid pick. His refusal to re-sign him was a different issue. Bowman was an elite stud who may have been even better had he not shredded his legs. Still acquired good talent in that draft, was just short lived

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

This is what I said after the draft. Though Warner isn't the prototypical SAM, his length and coverage ability may make sense there. People tend to forget the SAM drops into coverge ALOT in this primary Cover 3 scheme. Warner has been better than I thought, taking on blocks with his stack and shed. May not be as big as you would like at SAM but if we're trying to get our 3 best LBs on the field, especially from a coverage standpoint, the trio of Smith, Foster, and Warner make alot of sense. You just hope Warner can hold the edge in the run game but I rather it be him than Watson tbh. But honestly, I think Marsh will be the starter. It's where he played primarily in Seattle so he has experience there, in this scheme.

I proposed it too. Not sure it works, but can't hurt to try. He is only ten pounds lighter than wright coming out, and though admittedly not as long which could be an issue shedding, I don't see why you don't try it out. I'll never complain about the team trying to put it's best players on the field

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I proposed it too. Not sure it works, but can't hurt to try. He is only ten pounds lighter than wright coming out, and though admittedly not as long which could be an issue shedding, I don't see why you don't try it out. I'll never complain about the team trying to put it's best players on the field

We'll Warner is 6'3 so that's only inch shorter than Wright. So from a length standpoint, I think he's good. It's just taking on O-Lineman and TEs, while maintaining his run fits is what will worry me. Thats where that extra 10 pounds comes in handy.

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

We'll Warner is 6'3 so that's only inch shorter than Wright. So from a length standpoint, I think he's good. It's just taking on O-Lineman and TEs, while maintaining his run fits is what will worry me. Thats where that extra 10 pounds comes in handy.

I meant more in arms. Wright is about two inches longer there I believe

Harold was the guy on the team that I wanted off it the most. Never saw him do anything. For the life of me I could never figure out why he was in the NFL. Seemed like every time I noticed him in a game it was because I was trying to figure out who just got flattened so easily. 

6 hours ago, John232 said:

I forgot that 2010 was basically his draft too. 

Taylor Mays man...Taylor Mays....

To be fair, it was later revealed that Singletary beat the table for Mays. Baalke really didn't like him but he tried appease the HC at the time. It does go on his record but I won't fault him for that. The same way I won't fault Lynch if Joe Williams doesn't pan out. It's a fine line there in pleasing your coaching staff, while also staying true to your evauls. Sometimes you bite the bullet and take the guy you might not otherwise if your coaching staff really likes a particular player. 

Archived