Preseason Week 3: New York Giants @ New York Jets

Acgott

Last year against the Jets, Eli played the first quarter only and with his experience that's really all he probably needs, but missing time last week, I could see them push an additional half to full quarter in there just so he can get a little more time with Cody and Engram.  Either way, I'll be looking to see more production from the offensive line. 

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Last year against the Jets, Eli played the first quarter only and with his experience that's really all he probably needs, but missing time last week, I could see them push an additional half to full quarter in there just so he can get a little more time with Cody and Engram.  Either way, I'll be looking to see more production from the offensive line. 

He didn't miss time last week. They just rested for the game. Eli is not going to play in a preseason game so he can get more work with his 5th option

Last year of course has nothing to do with this year. Eli typically played 3 Qts in the TC era. Originally I expected him to play the first half, but without Barkley and maybe not OBJ I think they play a quarter if that.

18 hours ago, Acgott said:

He didn't miss time last week. They just rested for the game. Eli is not going to play in a preseason game so he can get more work with his 5th option

Last year of course has nothing to do with this year. Eli typically played 3 Qts in the TC era. Originally I expected him to play the first half, but without Barkley and maybe not OBJ I think they play a quarter if that.

Whether he rested or was injured, not playing a single snap in last weeks preseason game is missing time.  Now I'm not saying that's going to hurt him, he's an experienced veteran but the more snaps with the new guys the better.  It's why he's voiced his opinion on how many practices that Barkley has missed.  

Like @Go_Giantssaid this is a new offense / defense the entire team needs the reps.

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Whether he rested or was injured, not playing a single snap in last weeks preseason game is missing time.  Now I'm not saying that's going to hurt him, he's an experienced veteran but the more snaps with the new guys the better.  It's why he's voiced his opinion on how many practices that Barkley has missed.  

Like @Go_Giantssaid this is a new offense / defense the entire team needs the reps.

The practice reps against the Lions is replacing actual preseason games.

3 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Anyone watching the game?

Not televised where I'm at so if anyone would be so kind to provide info at halftime.  Primarily the offensive line and defense.

I'll be at work. A 430 start is not very helpful on the west coast. Starters will be benched when I get home so I will be following the beat writers on Twitters. 

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

I'll be at work. A 430 start is not very helpful on the west coast. Starters will be benched when I get home so I will be following the beat writers on Twitters. 

Thats cool, I can watch the rerun on the network.  For me how much or little Eli plays isn't a concern.  The concern for me still remains the offensive line.  I still don't think that they did enough but time will tell.

15 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Thats cool, I can watch the rerun on the network.  For me how much or little Eli plays isn't a concern.  The concern for me still remains the offensive line.  I still don't think that they did enough but time will tell.

The OL will play at least the half. 

Archived