Preseason WK3: Broncos @ Redskins

turtle28

35 minutes ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Compton may not make the team. I read an article yesterday that had him getting outplayed by pretty much everyone. 

I’d love to read it, I can’t find anything anywhere which says he’s in danger of being cut by the Titans. On the unofficial depth chart he’s their starter next to Woodyard, now that could be wrong but I don’t know.

58 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’d love to read it, I can’t find anything anywhere which says he’s in danger of being cut by the Titans. On the unofficial depth chart he’s their starter next to Woodyard, now that could be wrong but I don’t know.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/titanswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/20/will-compton-titans-roster-jayon-brown/amp/

Quote"

Compton has had plenty opportunity to shine while getting more playing time with Evans sidelined by an injury since the first week of camp. He’s been outplayed by Jayon Brown, who has played very well in the first two preseason games and has seemingly eclipsed Compton in the battle for the third inside linebacker slot.

Brown would more than likely be the starting linebacker alongside veteran Wesley Woodyard if the season were to start immediately. Compton isn’t as fast or athletic, and he hasn’t done a great job getting off blocks in the run game."

Sorry,doesn't mention him not making the team,but not looking good .

37 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Door is open for someone to shine. Mo Harris out w/ concussion as well as Quick and Sims with thigh bruises . 

They weren’t going to play much anyways. I think the starters are going to at least play a half and hopefully into the 3rd quarter.

I’d love to see some analytics applied to preseason including playing time for starters in preseason games, full pad practices and resulting full season records, in season injuries

Willl be looking at what other teams do with their starters tonight.

Bruno my fav bar tender held court and the discussion : should the players who get/got injured playing in preseason  have been held out until the regular season? Interesting points about teams who don’t practice hard or play starters in preseason don’t start well either. And some thinking that the guys injured in preseason would probably get injured anyway early in the season and conversely about the more games a player is on the field the higher probability of injury. Calling all Football Data Nerds- Data please  :)

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Why even play Trent at all? Some players I feel you can hold out until opening day and it will be fine. Trent is one of those guys. 

Because if you’re playing Alex Smith for a half plus you want your pro bowl LT protecting his blindside. 

6 hours ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/titanswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/20/will-compton-titans-roster-jayon-brown/amp/

Quote"

Compton has had plenty opportunity to shine while getting more playing time with Evans sidelined by an injury since the first week of camp. He’s been outplayed by Jayon Brown, who has played very well in the first two preseason games and has seemingly eclipsed Compton in the battle for the third inside linebacker slot.

Brown would more than likely be the starting linebacker alongside veteran Wesley Woodyard if the season were to start immediately. Compton isn’t as fast or athletic, and he hasn’t done a great job getting off blocks in the run game."

Sorry,doesn't mention him not making the team,but not looking good .

Well we know that Compton. Perfectly describes him!

They just posed this question on the TEAM980 for callers and I thought it was a good one:

You’ll be happy tonight if?

1. No injuries 

2. Alex Smith and the passing game are in sync.

3. AD looks as good as he did last year in his few good games before getting injured in AZ.

4. The run defense shuts down Denv’s run game.

5. The pass rush gets after Keemun.

6. The pass defense does a solid job defending Damaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders.

18 hours ago, turtle28 said:

What sucked for us is that for 2 years Compton was the 2nd best ILB we had after Gruden benched and didn’t re-sign Robinson and cut Riley. For a decade our front office seemed to refuse to upgrade the positon properly until they signed Zach Brown to a prove it contract last year.

Robinson just retired the other day. His loss wasn't that bad (other than the fact that they hadn't addressed the position as you said).

18 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Sadly, I’m still not sold the future starting ILBs are on this team after the next few years unless Spaight, JHC or SDH take a massive jump soon in their development.

Spaight is probably a wash out (it happens), but I wouldn't give up hope on JHC or SDH yet (asking a rookie to make a massive jump in development just four months after he gets drafted is perhaps a bit too optimistic/aggressive).

Archived