Depth Chart Projection: Defense

WindyCity

21 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Did well in OTA's and minicamps, bigger named UDFA, fills a depth position, raw but full of talent. I don't think he gets through to the PS so I think he definitely makes the roster and is a weekly inactive for now.

I'm not saying that your points are wrong, I'm focusing on your word of "definitely." Kyle Fuller and Mitch Trubisky definitely make the team. An UDFA who is no higher than 3rd on the depth chart playing a position with multiple established veteran starters and backups, isn't a "definitely" to make the team.

23 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

I'm not saying that your points are wrong, I'm focusing on your word of "definitely." Kyle Fuller and Mitch Trubisky definitely make the team. An UDFA who is no higher than 3rd on the depth chart playing a position with multiple established veteran starters and backups, isn't a "definitely" to make the team.

Toliver has been more up and down to me, and IMO that’s really in line with what he showed in college and why he was a UDFA in spite of his 5* pedigree and elite measurables. I don’t think it’s a lock he gets claimed by anyone if we cut him. I’m not sure he’s good enough to force anyone off of someone else’s 53 yet, and if he’s going to be a PS guy being here makes a lot of sense given the history of DB development of Fangio and Donatell. 

We have to add a corner (something like what we were able accomplish with tracy porter; its too bad pacman signed with Denver .. he would have made an impact returning kicks as well) and we have to add an outside pass-rusher .. no way can we start the season as is with these position groups !!

6 hours ago, SLCbear said:

We have to add a corner (something like what we were able accomplish with tracy porter; its too bad pacman signed with Denver .. he would have made an impact returning kicks as well) and we have to add an outside pass-rusher .. no way can we start the season as is with these position groups !!

We are very VERY deep at cb.  I can understand thinking we need to add a pass rusher (dont think we actually do tho) but cb we have a ton of YOUNG depth and those guys just showed they could hang with KCs 1s.  

Archived