PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

On 1/8/2019 at 9:52 PM, chisoxguy7 said:

Pretty sure I have:

My first

Honolulu's First

USMC's First

Cal's First

My 2nd

USMC's 2nd.

Also I have the right to swap a second with Cal, naturally I will swap USMC's 2nd for Cal's 2nd.

Anyone wanting to move down in round 1, get in touch ;)

Before I open the league for 2109, I'll update the draft order with all of the trades and language/terms associated with them. 

• Like 1

3 - Bold predictions for 2019

Frank Gore plays for the  NYJ

Le'Veon Bell settles for a deal on another team that equals what Pit was offering, or for less  

Lions have an 8-8 or better record in 2019 but still come in last place in the Div.

Edited by WE-R-Lions

• 2 weeks later...

At first glance at the 2019 prospects, I tend to agree with this.....I'm thinking the top 7-8 picks in our draft could be worth gold! B|

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline reports that NFL general managers and scouts believe 70 of the 100 players in the 2019 NFL Draft are defensive players.
The NFL considers this offensive class one of the worst "in a long time" and it's not surprising to walk away with this impression if you spend any time looking at analysts' big boards. A ton of the first-round prospects are defensive lineman, and there's not a lot of top-end talent at running back, among other offensive positions. Most draft analysts aren't impressed with the quarterback class either, so this could be a year where some teams stockpile picks in anticipation for the 2020 NFL Draft. Jan 20 - 2:27 PM
Edited by WE-R-Lions

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 8:19 AM, WE-R-Lions said:

At first glance at the 2019 prospects, I tend to agree with this.....I'm thinking the top 7-8 picks in our draft could be worth gold! B|

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline reports that NFL general managers and scouts believe 70 of the 100 players in the 2019 NFL Draft are defensive players.
The NFL considers this offensive class one of the worst "in a long time" and it's not surprising to walk away with this impression if you spend any time looking at analysts' big boards. A ton of the first-round prospects are defensive lineman, and there's not a lot of top-end talent at running back, among other offensive positions. Most draft analysts aren't impressed with the quarterback class either, so this could be a year where some teams stockpile picks in anticipation for the 2020 NFL Draft. Jan 20 - 2:27 PM

I think that it should still be a decent fantasy class. The WR and TE groups this year look great to me. RB is a bit weak, so that will be interested given how our league always seems to value RB's way more than the other positions. 

On 2/4/2019 at 7:25 AM, Lions017 said:

I think that it should still be a decent fantasy class. The WR and TE groups this year look great to me. RB is a bit weak, so that will be interested given how our league always seems to value RB's way more than the other positions. 

I agree with your assessment as well, but as in years past there will be great players that land in poor landing spots or be improperly/limited use(d)...limiting the # of studs you will find in any given draft regardless of the depth of a position.

It's still early to determine last year rookies, but here's a list of the draft class in the order they were drafted in the first 3-rounds. Out of the 23 players, I would only feel good about starting 10 of them next year at this point.  

RB Saquon Barkley

WR D.J. Moore

TE Hayden Hurst

WR Calvin Ridley

RB Rashaad Penny

RB Sony Michel

RB Nick Chubb

RB Ronald Jones II

WR Courtland Sutton

TE Mike Gesicki

RB Kerryon Johnson

WR Dante Pettis

WR Christian Kirk

TE Dallas Goedert

WR Anthony Miller

RB Derrius Guice

WR James Washington

WR D.J. Chark

RB Royce Freeman

WR Michael Gallup

TE Mark Andrews

WR Tre'Quan Snmith

TE Jordan Akins

4 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Just for fun.

What is your landing spot prediction for the following FA RB's? 

Le’Veon Bell - Raiders
Kareem Hunt - Bears
Tevin Coleman - Packers
Mark Ingram - Texans
Jay Ajayi - Bills
T.J. Yeldon - Cowboys
Adrian Peterson - Redskins

20 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Just for fun.

What is your landing spot prediction for the following FA RB's? 

Le’Veon Bell - Ravens (just poking the bear in Pit) :)
Kareem Hunt - Bears
Tevin Coleman - 49ers (reconnecting with his former coach)
Mark Ingram - Raiders
Jay Ajayi - Chiefs
T.J. Yeldon - Buccaneers
Adrian Peterson - Redskins

Edited by WE-R-Lions

On 2/7/2019 at 10:30 AM, chisoxguy7 said:

I like your Le’Veon Bell landing spot...he fits the mold for the Raiders plus they have the $$ to get it done, but Going to the Ravens would make a better story line! :) 

As a Jay Ajayi owner, I wouldn't mind if he landed at the:  Bills, Chiefs, Jets, Raiders, or Ravens. B|

Edited by WE-R-Lions

I changed the league rules for the start date for our draft, from July 25 to: The last Monday in July. (this year it falls on July 29th)

This way our draft always starts on a Monday.

In our past drafts, the weekends seems to slow the draft down, So I'm hoping a full week to get it started will help move it along.

Edited by WE-R-Lions

• 2 weeks later...

As you may have noticed, the ESPN site has had a face lift for 2019.

It offers a few new features this year.

One change that is available this year is the number roster IR slots, it use to be 2 spots, now we can have up-to 4.

At the end of last year we had 2-teams that had 1 player on IR, and we had 2 teams that had 5 players on IR.

Overall we had 44 players that qualified to be in IR that were on rosters at the end of the season. That works out to an average of 2.75 players per team.

That said, I adjusted our IR slots for 2019 from 2 to 3. Trying to keep teams competitive during the bye weeks & through out the year.

Another change was to the FA waver wire, We can leave it the same, or we can change it to an auction style for FA's as teams would be given a budget for the year and you can bid for FA's.

At this point, I don't favor this one way or another.....I have never use the auction style for FA's before?

Has anyone used an auction style waver wire or have input/history using it?          

13 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Another change was to the FA waver wire, We can leave it the same, or we can change it to an auction style for FA's as teams would be given a budget for the year and you can bid for FA's.

At this point, I don't favor this one way or another.....I have never use the auction style for FA's before?

Has anyone used an auction style waver wire or have input/history using it?          

This waiver style is called FAAB, and it is pretty widespread. It’s much more fair than rolling waivers.

I am in favor of the change but would want it out to a vote.

7 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

This waiver style is called FAAB, and it is pretty widespread. It’s much more fair than rolling waivers.

I am in favor of the change but would want it out to a vote.

It intrigues me, but just not sure, our current waivers are more similar to the NFL's. The difference between ours & the NFL's is the NFL's is stationary ( a team @ 3 stays at 3), and ours moves you to the back if you use it.

In theory the NFL format is helping the bad teams get better and become more competitive.

There is a third option that's also available: (To reset the wavers each Wk to inverse order of standings)?

I saw the new option (FAAB) & that's why I was asking for input/thoughts about changing it.