PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

I can’t say that I’m too ******* happy about the fact that the team I’m playing this week has two players in their lineup that are on a bye. 

I’m trying to rebuild and it really feels like I’m being punished for being someone that actually sets their lineup each week. That’s not right. I would actually set my team up better long-term by not paying attention to this league. 

**** this. 

Edited by Lions017
  • Like 1

We have two teams this wk on the verge of moving back in the draft next year for tanking. If your team has players in your line up that are on a bye, SSPD, your on the hot seat. It would be in your best interest to make an attempt to adjust your roster if possible, Via trade or a FA. 

1 hour ago, WE-R-Lions said:

We have two teams this wk on the verge of moving back in the draft next year for tanking. If your team has players in your line up that are on a bye, SSPD, your on the hot seat. It would be in your best interest to make an attempt to adjust your roster if possible, Via trade or a FA. 

how many times can you warn people? ( i dont have any early picks so i have no bias in this and im not trying to ruffle feathers) but you've stated this NUMEROUS times so you'd think the owners of said teams would know....

Edited by SimsZilla

21 hours ago, Lions017 said:

I can’t say that I’m too ******* happy about the fact that the team I’m playing this week has two players in their lineup that are on a bye. 

I’m trying to rebuild and it really feels like I’m being punished for being someone that actually sets their lineup each week. That’s not right. I would actually set my team up better long-term by not paying attention to this league. 

**** this. 

I don't get mad if I see it wouldn't change the outcome and chalk it up to forgetfulness. But in the case of your matchup this week, I would be HOT. Is it really too much to ask for 5 mins before the games kickoff to check on your lineups??? 

I would vote to make this a stricter league or possibly make a new league with only serious owners. When you agree to be an owner of a dynasty team you're not only committed to that team but every other owner in that league. And with so much hinging on draft position the paranoia/very real fact of some teams tanking is rampant. When you start getting owners being "punished" for playing the right way, the boat is already taking on water. 

26 minutes ago, SimsZilla said:

how many times can you warn people? ( i dont have any early picks so i have no bias in this and im not trying to ruffle feathers) but you've stated this NUMEROUS times so you'd think the owners of said teams would know....

No worries,  I was probably a bit vague on my wording (they do have tonight's game to fix it), The hammer's coming if they don't.    

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, honolulu2786 said:

I don't get mad if I see it wouldn't change the outcome and chalk it up to forgetfulness. But in the case of your matchup this week, I would be HOT. Is it really too much to ask for 5 mins before the games kickoff to check on your lineups??? 

For the most part I agree with you and in the past I've let that go. But it can affect overall Pt's for the year and could be a tie breaker for your slot in the draft.

This week is the first wk it's had an impact of the outcome of a match, I'm planning on making a scoring adjustments and taking the score of the highest player(s) on their bench that should have been played to fix it.

18 minutes ago, honolulu2786 said:

I would vote to make this a stricter league or possibly make a new league with only serious owners. When you agree to be an owner of a dynasty team you're not only committed to that team but every other owner in that league. And with so much hinging on draft position the paranoia/very real fact of some teams tanking is rampant. When you start getting owners being "punished" for playing the right way, the boat is already taking on water. 

I think this will plug the hole this year, I'll adjust the language next year to clarify what's tanking. Zero tolerance for bye's & SSPD players, or players designated as "out" prior to game day.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WE-R-Lions said:

For the most part I agree with you and in the past I've let that go. But it can affect overall Pt's for the year and could be a tie breaker for your slot in the draft.

This week is the first wk it's had an impact of the outcome of a match, I'm planning on making a scoring adjustments and taking the score of the highest player(s) on their bench that should have been played to fix it.

Oh yeah, I didn't even think about that. For the record this is the league I want to win the most every year, even more so than my money leagues. I appreciate the attention you pay to this league. It's hard to actually pull the trigger and punish owners because as soon as you do a reason/excuse will be given true or not, that will attempt to pull empathy. Sometimes for the health of the league, drastic actions must be taken because it would be better to lose 1 than 2 or 3 good owners next season. 

9 minutes ago, honolulu2786 said:

Oh yeah, I didn't even think about that. For the record this is the league I want to win the most every year, even more so than my money leagues. I appreciate the attention you pay to this league. It's hard to actually pull the trigger and punish owners because as soon as you do a reason/excuse will be given true or not, that will attempt to pull empathy. Sometimes for the health of the league, drastic actions must be taken because it would be better to lose 1 than 2 or 3 good owners next season. 

As  LM one has to keep in mind it's not always black & white, We all have lives. I'm a Season Tk holder (9 years) and went to the Lions game yesterday, we live about 3 hours away. I don't have an I phone and can't change my roster on Sunday's when we go to the game. (just an example).    

2 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

As  LM one has to keep in mind it's not always black & white, We all have lives. I'm a Season Tk holder (9 years) and went to the Lions game yesterday, we live about 3 hours away. I don't have an I phone and can't change my roster on Sunday's when we go to the game. (just an example).    

Right. I check my lineups Thursday during the day once, Saturday, and then Sunday before the games start. I can completely understand game day decision sits or getting screwed by a Monday night player. But that's where I sit down and trust the commishioner to make the right call. 

If this doesn’t get fixed up relatively soon I’m out next year. I love this league, but if I am being punished for actually caring about it then I want nothing to do with it anymore. Don’t give me some crap about being tougher next year. By then it’s too late. We are rewarding teams not for rebuilding or for being a weaker team, but for not paying attention. This is the second time this year that I've played someone with a guy on IR or on a BYE in their lineup. 

Check the league or don’t play anymore. It’s simple. You’re telling me that you don’t have two minutes at some point in the week to check your lineup and sub out players on a bye? Come on. I get it if it’s last minute on game day, but there’s no excuse for this.

I don't even know if I would have lost this week or not, but we need people that can pay attention. It impacts everyone's position in the draft next year when teams aren't being managed properly. 

Edited by Lions017
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

If this doesn’t get fixed up relatively soon I’m out next year. I love this league, but if I am being punished for actually caring about it then I want nothing to do with it anymore. Don’t give me some crap about being tougher next year. By then it’s too late. We are rewarding teams not for rebuilding or for being a weaker team, but for not paying attention. This is the second time this year that I've played someone with a guy on IR or on a BYE in their lineup. 

Check the league or don’t play anymore. It’s simple. You’re telling me that you don’t have two minutes at some point in the week to check your lineup and sub out players on a bye? Come on. I get it if it’s last minute on game day, but there’s no excuse for this.

I don't even know if I would have lost this week or not, but we need people that can pay attention. It impacts everyone's position in the draft next year when teams aren't being managed properly. 

QFT.

2 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Take a deep breath.......I'm adjusting the teams Pts on Tue as needed after tonight's game is played, The first time was the warning....not this time. ALL GM's are expected to play hard and fair. This should be a fun and competitive League if we all do our part.   I will make the necessary adjustments if needed moving forward.

Enjoy the game tonight!!!