PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

On 7/14/2020 at 9:20 PM, WE-R-Lions said:

Keepers are all in!! Thanks guys!!...... YIKES @Oregon Ducks still needs to set his.....

Just some forward thinking / planning & setting some Covid guidelines just in case....

If by chance the NFL cancels the season before or during our draft we will complete our 2020 draft.

If the NFL canceled after our Reg season is completed, but before or during our playoffs we will use the Reg season results to determine our 2021 draft order.   

If the NFL canceled before our Reg season is completed we will use the 2020 draft order w/o the 2020 trades but it will include all the 2021 trades.  

If this happens I'm not sure when we mite close things down for the 2020 year (trading) , but we can decide that later.

So I'm told, the ESPN site has or had a proj tool that would forecast the outcome of the current season but won't be available until I enter the draft picks???

If it does, we will use it to determine the draft order for the 2021 season if the 2020 NFL season is canceled before our reg season is completed.

If the ESPN site doesn't have that tool, FantasyPros does & we will use this proj tool.

Either tool should factor in our 2020 draft pks, that by just using this years draft order wouldn't. 

I believe this would be the best approach to a fairer 2021 draft order for all. I will run it after our draft is entered on the site to get the 2021 draft order in case we needed.  

I've also PM'd & sent an e-mail from the ESPN site to @X_Factor_40 he's currently on the clock. The last time he posted on the forum was May 2nd so I'm concerned if he's still available to play???

If he doesn't show during his time slot we won't skip his pick, he will be given a second 24 hours to show, if not he will be replaced with a new GM.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

So I'm told, the ESPN site has or had a proj tool that would forecast the outcome of the current season but won't be available until I enter the draft picks???

If it does, we will use it to determine the draft order for the 2021 season if the 2020 NFL season is canceled before our reg season is completed.

If the ESPN site doesn't have that tool, FantasyPros does & we will use this proj tool.

Either tool should factor in our 2020 draft pks, that by just using this years draft order wouldn't. 

I believe this would be the best approach to a fairer 2021 draft order for all. I will run it after our draft is entered on the site to get the 2021 draft order in case we needed.  

I've also PM'd & sent an e-mail from the ESPN site to @X_Factor_40 he's currently on the clock. The last time he posted on the forum was May 2nd so I'm concerned if he's still available to play???

If he doesn't show during his time slot we won't skip his pick, he will be given a second 24 hours to show, if not he will be replaced with a new GM.

Was his keepers set at the deadline? 

8 minutes ago, Lionized said:

Was his keepers set at the deadline? 

Yes, so I'm hopeful, I just don't know when he set them? May 2nd - July 15th

I sent him a trade offer last wk but no response, I guess that's part of the reason I'm concerned.

He's got a great team!!!

Edited by WE-R-Lions
  • Like 1

I think that the projections would be a much better idea than strictly using 2019's standings. Maybe using some sort of lottery system to balance out how unreliable even the best projections might be? 

Hopefully @X_Factor_40 gets his pick in. It sucks to be skipped.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

What if we were to introduce a lottery system using these tools to increase likelihood of poorer teams getting the top picks but not automatically? A lot of these projection tools base things on the previous year and expectations moving forward. However, the season rarely ever happens the way that they project. 

If the season doesn't happen I do think you guys are on the right track with having something to help ground the draft order. The lottery would help IMO smooth over the randomness that does occur during a NFL season and which causes significant changes in pre-season expectations. 

1 minute ago, Lions017 said:

I think that the projections would be a much better idea than strictly using 2019's standings. Maybe using some sort of lottery system to balance out how unreliable even the best projections might be? 

Hopefully @X_Factor_40 gets his pick in. It sucks to be skipped.

I should've just waited and saved a few keystrokes. I second the lottery system idea. There must be an app or website that would do this relatively easy.