PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

11 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I’ll have to research it. I’m sure other people have found a way to do it. You probably need to mess with the odds and maybe find a way to lock the top teams out of the top picks. 

I'm not spending more time on trying to determine how many balls everyone should get, if a team drafted CEH, & Lamb or Swift, Reagor, & Pittman should they get less balls or how many extra balls do the teams get if they didn't have a first rd pick(s)? 

It gets Very Very messy, Very quick.

Edited by WE-R-Lions

Honestly, what we should probably do if this happens is see what the real NFL does and try to copy that. 

If not, another idea is to do one lottery for the non-playoff teams to find their position and another for the teams that made the playoffs to find the order for the back half. 

Either way, this doesn't need to be solved right this second, nor should we just pick a solution because it's easy or the first thing we came up with. Should anything happen to cancel the season there should be a league vote on the solution. 

Edited by Lions017

1 minute ago, Lions017 said:

Honestly, what we should probably do if this happens is see what the real NFL does and try to copy that. 

If not, another idea is to do one lottery for the non-playoff teams to find their position and another for the teams that made the playoffs to find the order for the back half. 

The NFL could have an affect on next years draft if the College players don't play football & they get another year of eligibility we mite not have players to draft or a small pool of players to pick from??

1 hour ago, WE-R-Lions said:

The NFL could have an affect on next years draft if the College players don't play football & they get another year of eligibility we mite not have players to draft or a small pool of players to pick from??

This is just a guesstimate but I am not of the belief that if the NFL and/or college season is cancelled that players who would normally be eligible for the 2021 draft would be disqualified from entering into the NFL. This would put guys like Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields in a position where they'll be denied the ability to earn as a top 10 pick and entering the league one year older. The lawsuits would be outrageous. The rule(as I understand it) is that you have to be 3 years removed from HS. It doesn't have to do with accrued football seasons. You will just have a body of work on film that can be evaluated as part of the draft process. 

The real complication in this is that the Power 5 schools have been talking about playing in the fall while non-Power 5 are talking about playing the spring. If the NFL keeps the same draft process schedule, there are guys who could be drafted during their season or just at the tail end of it. If all of the leagues play in the spring, then you'll see surefire guys like Lawrence and Fields opt out of playing. 

2 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I wasn't clear. I was more referring to "lottery rules". (The worst team can't fall below the 3rd overall pick, etc.)

Edit: maybe that's the solution? Do three separate lotteries: one involving the top 3 teams, one involving teams 4-13, and the last involving teams 14-16.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

So...what are we going to do if @X_Factor_40 doesn't show up? Skip? It stinks to miss your first round pick, but the dude appears to have ghosted for the time being. It's in the thread that you're skipped after 24 hours, but what if we get to the point where he just doesn't show up until the fourth round or something?