PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

2 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Saints are on waivers until monday. You should be able to pick them up before the game unless someone blows a waiver spot on them. Seahawks got dropped today so they're on waivers through the week instead of FA. I actually think the Saints are the only potential option you've got! 🤔

That’s who I had tried to get 

Man, this year has been super tough for me with injuries and COVID. I really wish that we had bigger rosters and/or more keepers, because it's hard when you have a bunch of guys get their game cancelled. 

Just this week, for example, I had multiple players out with injury and I had James White, Jerry Jeudy, Phillip Lindsay, and even Royce Freeman have their game cancelled. 

I'm not going to win, but I had to start Mike Williams in a spot and he might not even play. It's reaching the point where things are so uncertain that if a player has a game on Monday or Tuesday in a given week I almost don't want to risk playing them at all. 

I'd be absolutely fine with expanding the rosters, but I don't know if there's a "fair" way to fill those spots. Such a drastic measure shouldn't be approached with a "first come, first serve" mentality.

Another 3 spots, with a 3 round draft? Maybe. But I'd be against doing it in a way that gives one person an advantage over another.

23 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I'd be absolutely fine with expanding the rosters, but I don't know if there's a "fair" way to fill those spots. Such a drastic measure shouldn't be approached with a "first come, first serve" mentality.

Another 3 spots, with a 3 round draft? Maybe. But I'd be against doing it in a way that gives one person an advantage over another.

It would probably have to be an offseason thing. Unless you’re just adding one spot for COVID stuff, then you go through the normal waiver process. 

46 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

At the start of the season we did add an extra IR spot & did leave the door open for a possibility of roster adjustments like adding another IR or bench spot but didn't indicate when or how we would add them.

This week seamed to be hit the hardest to this point, & when it happens it seams to come fast, giving GM's very little reaction time.

Overall our teams all share the same risk of getting hit with Covid any given wk.

At some point if it keeps happening the NFL won't be able shift schedules around as teams have there bye wk's.....It's still a possibility they will need to can the season if it gets worse. 

Edited by WE-R-Lions

I am new into the league but I will throw my two cents in. With the number of teams and roster construction the waiver wire is already like scraping the bottom of the barrel or you pick up that out of nowhere guy. I'm not opposed to adding another IR spot but otherwise opposed to further expanding the rosters. This means that someone could add in a fill in guy but then someone has to be dropped on to waivers once someone comes off of IR. This addresses the short term issue of having active players in your lineup while not further depleting the waiver wire in the long run. Poorer teams often use this to try and uncover that gem to try and balance things out vs teams with must start players. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I agree, I can’t think a fair way to do it. It’s one of those rare situations where doing nothing is the best option at his point 

• Like 1