PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

2 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Sorry about that, I thought Jeffery was a Q not a O

Apparently Shepard's the issue, & will be fixed next wk.

Yeah he went from IR to Questionable to Active pretty quick before the game started. I wish I had gotten him in my starting line up. 😂

40 minutes ago, Irish Ninja said:

Looks like I will be without Aaron Jones and Crowder today, won’t be able to field a full lineup.

Why?

You have an open bench spot and can put Crowder on IR. 

Im playing you, but I don’t want to win because you didn’t fill your lineup. 

Edited by Lions017
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm glad to take the W but my opponent played Myles Gaskin in a starting spot while the Dolphins were in a bye. Is there not a protocol in place for teams to be playing a full lineup every week barring a last second, game time inactive? 

Since I’ve been in the league it’s only that you need to make a reasonable effort to have a full lineup. No bench players available while you start a BYE or having a bench full of IR eligible players and not moving them over to IR to add an eligible player. It looks like 3 out of 4 of his RB were on BYE this week. The only player on his roster that he could have moved into an IR slot was Gandy-Golden who it looks like wasn’t placed on IR by Washington until Saturday afternoon based on the news section of his profile. Since the only move he could make had less than 24 hour notice, it definitely doesn’t bother me at all *shrug*. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, winitall said:

Since I’ve been in the league it’s only that you need to make a reasonable effort to have a full lineup. No bench players available while you start a BYE or having a bench full of IR eligible players and not moving them over to IR to add an eligible player. It looks like 3 out of 4 of his RB were on BYE this week. The only player on his roster that he could have moved into an IR slot was Gandy-Golden who it looks like wasn’t placed on IR by Washington until Saturday afternoon based on the news section of his profile. Since the only move he could make had less than 24 hour notice, it definitely doesn’t bother me at all *shrug*. 

He does have three QB's which says to me there was room to add someone. The waiver wire has been stripped pretty bare at RB so I get it that it wouldn't have been an upside move. 

Managing bye weeks is a part of roster management IMO. That's a driving factor behind a lot of waiver pick ups and trades. I've never been in a league where it was cool to play someone on a bye. 

Either way, as long as I understand what the rules are (even if I disagree with them) then I'll work within them.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm glad to take the W but my opponent played Myles Gaskin in a starting spot while the Dolphins were in a bye. Is there not a protocol in place for teams to be playing a full lineup every week barring a last second, game time inactive? 

Yes, you are correct. Only game day outs are allowed per our rules.

He should/could have moved Gandy-Golden to IR on Sat afternoon or Sun & picked up a RB to play.

As this is a non-normal year with the NFL moving bye wk's around & what planning we did with our drafted players to accommodate for bye's, It's difficult fault a GM for being put in a bad spot any given Wk If he did what he could do by a Fri & was Biz on Sat & Sun.....as he had limited time & options to choose from. 

I will adjust his score by 3.4 as if he pick-up Peyton Barber to add to his total yearly score but I'm not dinging him for tanking.      

Edited by WE-R-Lions
4 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Yes, you are correct. Only game day outs are allowed per our rules.

He should/could have moved Gandy-Golden to IR on Sat afternoon or Sun & picked up a RB to play.

As this is a non-normal year with the NFL moving bye wk's around & what planning we did with our drafted players to accommodate for bye's, It's difficult fault a GM for being put in a bad spot any given Wk If he did what he could do by a Fri & was Biz on Sat & Sun.....as he had limited time & options to choose from. 

I will adjust his score by 3.4 as if he pick-up Peyton Barber to add to his total yearly score but I'm not dinging him for tanking.      

Ok - so I can understand that the rules are more relaxed as a result of the changes in the bye weeks. As long as I understand it then I'll just work with that. 

If you wouldn't mind clarifying this because I don't understand the reasoning behind awarding him 3.4 points for a move he didn't make. It's a moot point in this case but it does set a precedent and the points are being rewarded with 20/20 hindsight. If I was winning by 2 points, this move alone would change the outcome of the week. I can understand not penalizing him but I don't understand why he's being rewarded.

None of this matters for me this week but I'm just looking at the league as a whole and potential issues that a move like this could create as a potential standard setting move. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

Ok - so I can understand that the rules are more relaxed as a result of the changes in the bye weeks. As long as I understand it then I'll just work with that. 

If you wouldn't mind clarifying this because I don't understand the reasoning behind awarding him 3.4 points for a move he didn't make. It's a moot point in this case but it does set a precedent and the points are being rewarded with 20/20 hindsight. If I was winning by 2 points, this move alone would change the outcome of the week. I can understand not penalizing him but I don't understand why he's being rewarded.

None of this matters for me this week but I'm just looking at the league as a whole and potential issues that a move like this could create as a potential standard setting move. 

He isn’t adjusting the score for this weeks game. The win/loss for this week will be based off the actual lineups without any adjustment.  So as long as Goff and Patterson don’t score enough to beat you, you still win. He is only going to add the 3.4 points to his season total points for. Since this determines the draft order when there are ties, adding the 3.4 compensates for that and ensures he doesn’t benefit draft wise from not making a move to gain a RB he could have played. 

Edit: Just want to make clear that this is my understanding from the way things have been handled in the past in this league and others. I’m not the authoritative source here LOL. 

Edited by winitall
  • Like 1