PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

43 minutes ago, SimsZilla said:

Adam Schefter just tweeted this out!

”There are rumors of a major blockbuster trade. Stay tuned..sounds like as soon as the league opens the trade will be announced.”

Detroit is probably trading for a K......LOL

On 4/29/2021 at 7:57 AM, WE-R-Lions said:

Items that will change for the 2021 season:

1. The extra 3rd IR spot added last year for Covid will be removed after keepers are set.

2. Adding an extra wk to our Sch. to accommodate for the NFL's added 17th wk.

Items I'm considering changing for the 2021 season: (looking for feed back)

1. Changing from rolling waivers to FAAB $100 for bidding ($100 seems to be the standard amount)

2. Changing the Stafford Div name to?

3. Open to other thoughts/improvements?

Just doing the final adjustments on this years settings before the league opens:

We will be changing to FAAB for wavers this year, Each GM will have $133 to spend for the year.

Also increased the Maximum TE's we can have on our roster from 3 to 4.

Good luck to ALL this year!!  :)

Edited by WE-R-Lions
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Just doing the final adjustments on this years settings before the league opens:

We will be changing to FAAB for wavers this year, Each GM will have $133 to spend for the year.

Also increased the Maximum TE's we can have on our roster from 3 to 4.

Good luck to ALL this year!!  :)

are we keeping the Stafford division?!

Extremely disappointed!

Apparently,  @SimsZilla & @Lionized have made a trade prior to the start of the League opening involving 1.1, J . Robinson, J. Shenault & other 2021 & 20022 draft Pk's

NO Agreements to trades prior to the opening of the league!! That's cheating everyone that's waiting for the opening.

Shame on the two of them!! they both risk being kick out of the league!!

Prior to the League opening GM's are welcome to see who's available but no agreements on trades prior to the open can be made. 

As LM, I have final say on all rules, trades, and disputes, but can ask for input.

I feel they should be held accountable for cheating...I'm looking for input on how it should be handled.

@X_Factor_40@winitall @Oregon Ducks @The Gnat @CalLionsFan, @LionsRock @jollyninja @Fureys49ers@TL-TwoWinsAway@nagahide13@Lions017@Irish Ninja@Foooooooootball

Edited by WE-R-Lions

2 minutes ago, SimsZilla said:

For real? Where in the rules says we can’t discuss trades? I just looked at our page and it doesn’t discuss that

It's in there;

Here is a preliminary yearly timeline to look forward to:
1. The week the NFL has the draft, I'll ask everyone to check in for the new year.
2. When the ESPN site has completed it's off-season maintenance and all team owners have check in, Our league will be officially open for the new year and trading can begin.

It's a bit of a gray area as we always have set a date to open the league vs the language above. That should be tweaked to indicate how we open the league. but the fact is, if someone is agreeing to trades before the start of the league opens is cheating all the other GM's waiting for it to start. I've try real hard to have a fair playing field for all over the years. That give the league integrity.

One rule everyone need to know is:

The LM, I has final say on all rules, trades, and disputes, but can ask for input. This covers all gray areas.

Asking GM's who's available or telling who's on the trading block on your team before the start of the season is totally different that making a trade.  

I’m gonna disagree with you.

I don’t think it’s “fair” to enforce a rule that doesn’t exist and that is in a “gray area.” But as you’ve stated, you’re the LM, so do as you please. 

However, if you plan on setting a “punishment” as stated above, for doing what actual NFL teams do, I do not think that is fair at all.  We obviously wouldn’t cheat if we knew we were not allowed to do that. I’ve been in this league for a very long time and I would never cheat  

But I’m not going to argue or what not. If you want to punish us, punish me and not him, I’ve been here way longer than him. And just let me know what you plan on doing so I can figure out where to go from there. 

Edited by SimsZilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SimsZilla said:

I’m gonna disagree with you.

I don’t think it’s “fair” to enforce a rule that doesn’t exist and that is in a “gray area.” But as you’ve stated, you’re the LM, so do as you please. 

However, if you plan on setting a “punishment” as stated above, for doing what actual NFL teams do, I do not think that is fair at all.  We obviously wouldn’t cheat if we knew we were not allowed to do that. I’ve been in this league for a very long time and I would never cheat  

But I’m not going to argue or what not. If you want to punish us, punish me and not him, I’ve been here way longer than him. And just let me know what you plan on doing so I can figure out where to go from there. 

Just going to put out there that I agree with @SimsZilla, rule seems silly to me. I especially disagree with levying punishments for it. I get having a rule that you can’t post trades before the league year starts and that verbal agreements won’t be enforced, but it seems silly to say you can have some discussions on players but there’s a line you can’t cross. It seems like a time to say: all trade talks before the league year are unofficial, negotiate at your own risk. That way if a new member joins in and hears so and so is available, they can jump in and beat the offer and all is fair imo. Policing trade talks is just going to lead to either less engaged people, especially in a league that already has almost no trades every year by 75% of the league. 

5 hours ago, SimsZilla said:

Adam Schefter just tweeted this out!

”There are rumors of a major blockbuster trade. Stay tuned..sounds like as soon as the league opens the trade will be announced.”

Sounds like a trade  has been agreed upon prior to league official opening. What should the penalty be! Post your thoughts, I think you can guess what mine are!

It was never my intention to cheat. As stated above the only rule I found was on item 2. We never made the trade nor were our rosters adjusted to accommodate a trade on the ESPN site. This was all verbal agreement and is not set until both parties accept on the forum. If there is any falt here it falls on me. The only reason why we are discussing this is, because of the trade discussions in the PMs between you and I @WE-R-Lions. I told you that 1.1 was off the table and that what was available was changing. As @winitall said if the trade fell through before the league year it would be my loss.  @SimsZilladid nothing wrong. HE DOES NOT NEED TO BE PUNISHED. 

I have been in discussion with several other teams on potential trades all of whose were also updated by this agreement. Those teams won’t be mentioned so that everyone has a fair shake to say what’s on their mind. If anyone feels that they have been cheated I do extend my apologies. 

I do however stand my ground that this was not in the league rules, and I do not feel is punishable, but will accept the consequences if need be. I also, am in favor if you deem it necessary as the LM to adjust rules and provide further clarity so that this situation does not come up again. 

• Like 1

I, frankly, don't see an issue. The trade isn't official because the trade can't be made official until the league opens, but two teams can (should be able to) agree to a trade "in principle".

We've got a good thing going here. Lets not do something that might change that.

• Like 2