PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

18 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I, frankly, don't see an issue. The trade isn't official because the trade can't be made official until the league opens, but two teams can (should be able to) agree to a trade "in principle".

We've got a good thing going here. Lets not do something that might change that.

Agree 1000%. Now that we are getting close, people will naturally start to wonder/chat. If we want to hand out warnings and clear up the rules, cool, it is what it is. However, I don't think of it as cheating. If people want to get a trade deal together before it can be officially ratified then they can take on that risk. If others want to wait, so be it. If we really want to clamp down then lets just put out the warning now so it is crystal clear. Its only my second year and I had no idea about this particular rule. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Agree 1000%. Now that we are getting close, people will naturally start to wonder/chat. If we want to hand out warnings and clear up the rules, cool, it is what it is. However, I don't think of it as cheating. If people want to get a trade deal together before it can be officially ratified then they can take on that risk. If others want to wait, so be it. If we really want to clamp down then lets just put out the warning now so it is crystal clear. Its only my second year and I had no idea about this particular rule

This, and me either.

After giving this more thought, and acknowledging that it falls into a "gray area", my question becomes: why? If it were a rule, and two owners wanted to discuss trades anyway, they'll do so. Trying to put a stop to such conversations seems like wasted energy, especially when it's all based on something as fluid as a date: had the season started two days ago, this would be a non-issue. Why have it be an issue now?

Lets make trades. Lets play fantasy football.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 2

There's kind of a thing in which we don't trade before the keepers are set. More of an agreement I think. I'm not sure as to the actual rules.

If we make em set keepers before the trade I don't see an issue, though I understand that toes may have been stepped on. I think we could be proactive in our "punishments" when owners aren't attempting to cheat. Just make em set keepers so it can go through without incident.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

There's kind of a thing in which we don't trade before the keepers are set. More of an agreement I think. I'm not sure as to the actual rules.

If we make em set keepers before the trade I don't see an issue, though I understand that toes may have been stepped on. I think we could be proactive in our "punishments" when owners aren't attempting to cheat. Just make em set keepers so it can go through without incident.

This is my 3rd? year in the league and this definitely has never been a thing since I signed up. The keeper lock deadline isn’t for another couple months and we can trade starting tomorrow. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I agree with trades after keeper dead line, this would get rid of any gray area. so if that means moving up the keeper dead line so be it.

Prior to the keeper deadline
Teams can make multiple player trades (2 for 1) or (3 for 2) etc. All teams must have 12 players at the keeper deadline, or have a max of 18+IR players on their rosters along with 6 draft picks prior to the keeper deadline. (The team getting the extra player(s) may need to adjust/drop players if needed to stay within the team roster limit. (Remember you have to keep 12 players at the keeper deadline)
Current year draft picks & The following year draft picks can also be traded or be part of a trade, but pick totals need to equal out (1 for 1) or (2 for 2) etc. per year.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LionsRock said:

I agree with trades after keeper dead line, this would get rid of any gray area. so if that means moving up the keeper dead line so be it.

Doesn’t this harm teams with the most depth though? There are teams out there with more than 12 keeper level players. They should have an opportunity to get something of value for those players if someone is willing to give it to them rather than just dropping them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, winitall said:

This is my 3rd? year in the league and this definitely has never been a thing since I signed up. The keeper lock deadline isn’t for another couple months and we can trade starting tomorrow. 

I'm probably just confusing leagues. I didn't think there was necessarily anything concrete.

What's in question? Whether teams are colluding by working out trades prior to the opening of the league year? As someone else mentioned, I think we could look to the NFL... It's illegal but everyone does it and people turn a blind eye. I've definitely been involved in trade talks this off-season but nothing has materialized.

• Like 2

I have to agree with everyone else who’s responded so far. Seems a little over the top to punish two teams for a hand shake agreement. Especially when the “rule” broken, isn’t clearly defined and considered a “gray area” to be decided on by LM.  

Personally, have no issue whatsoever with the handshake agreement.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lionized said:

Prior to the keeper deadline
Teams can make multiple player trades (2 for 1) or (3 for 2) etc. All teams must have 12 players at the keeper deadline, or have a max of 18+IR players on their rosters along with 6 draft picks prior to the keeper deadline. (The team getting the extra player(s) may need to adjust/drop players if needed to stay within the team roster limit. (Remember you have to keep 12 players at the keeper deadline)
Current year draft picks & The following year draft picks can also be traded or be part of a trade, but pick totals need to equal out (1 for 1) or (2 for 2) etc. per year.

Was this the official rule copied from somewherez?

I'm in a bunch of leagues and often get the rules etc mixed up. That and my general laziness keeps me from ever wanting to be a LM. 😁

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

Was this the official rule copied from somewherez?

I'm in a bunch of leagues and often get the rules etc mixed up. That and my general laziness keeps me from ever wanting to be a LM. 😁

Lol yes, I was able to take it from the first page of the thread.