PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Four playoff teams in a 16 team league just feels rough, but I guess it could work. I'm still not convinced that it solves the issue of "fairness".

We started the league with only 4 making the playoffs & changed it to 6 teams because were a 16 team league giving more teams a chance to win it.

You want the league to be fair you also what it to be fun.

The rules are in place to make it fair, having 6 teams make the playoffs makes it more fun than if we only had 4 teams qualify.

In a dynasty FF league building your team the way you want it & competing with each other is the fun part, the goal is to win it!   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

We started the league with only 4 making the playoffs & changed it to 6 teams because were a 16 team league giving more teams a chance to win it.

You want the league to be fair you also what it to be fun.

The rules are in place to make it fair, having 6 teams make the playoffs makes it more fun than if we only had 4 teams qualify.

In a dynasty FF league building your team the way you want it & competing with each other is the fun part, the goal is to win it!   

I wonder if there would be a way to consistently balance the divisions? For example, taking the final standings order and distributing down the line. So 1, 5, 9, and 13 together as a division and 4, 8, 12, 16 as a division. That might balance it somewhat. 

5 minutes ago, winitall said:

I wonder if there would be a way to consistently balance the divisions? For example, taking the final standings order and distributing down the line. So 1, 5, 9, and 13 together as a division and 4, 8, 12, 16 as a division. That might balance it somewhat. 

First, all the winners in each Div, would stay in there Div, then then the next two teams that mad the playoffs would be put in with the Champion & Runner-up Div's, that would piss them off & the rest of the team's would get reshuffled & no one would like their landing spots.

Creating a headache & more work for the LM.   Not a fan.....

16 minutes ago, winitall said:

It's my humble opinion that 1) things can change drastically from year to year, and 2) luck is an unfortunate but ever-present element of fantasy football. If you wanted to shake things up each year, my recommendation would be to randomize the divisions. (You could even pick a specific date for the "Division Randomization" and make a big deal out of it.)

Edit: if it's ever about "more work", I'd happily throw my name in to help out.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

I’ve been in one other league that realigned and they way that they did it was to adjust based on the standings every three years. So if your team was 14th one year, then 10th, then 5th, they took the average of those three. In three years they did it again. 

6 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

We have another trade:

@CalLionsFan Receives:

2022 4th Round Pick

2022 6th Round Pick

I receive:

2022 1st Round Pick

2022 2nd Round Pick

👀 I’m not even upset getting cold shouldered. After seeing that return. Good for you. 

Edited by Lionized

7 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

It's my humble opinion that 1) things can change drastically from year to year, and 2) luck is an unfortunate but ever-present element of fantasy football. If you wanted to shake things up each year, my recommendation would be to randomize the divisions. (You could even pick a specific date for the "Division Randomization" and make a big deal out of it.)

Edit: if it's ever about "more work", I'd happily throw my name in to help out.

I appreciate the offer :)

I guess I'm not understanding the need, for example: My team won 3 SB's then do to some early retirements & inj's I found my self drafting 2nd 2-years & now my team is on the rise, not sure if I'll win it again but will have fun trying. 

Just now, WE-R-Lions said:

I guess I'm not understanding the need, for example: My team won 3 SB's then do to some early retirements & inj's I found my self drafting 2nd 2-years & now my team is on the rise, not sure if I'll win it again but will have fun trying. 

I mean, I'm not sure there is a need. I'm good with things the way they are.

My opinion on the topic is that we shouldn't try and avoid "luck" in fantasy football, but should embrace it. If some think the divisions are unfairly stacked, lets just randomize them each year. It would only take a few minutes to update, and would fall in line with everything else that fantasy football is.

29 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

My team is starting to look pretty solid, but I took it over from an inactive owner and it took YEARS to build it to where it’s at. I drafted basically everyone. 

I would understand shaking things up a bit if we had a couple teams at the top for like 5+ years or something, I guess, but I don’t see the need right now. Being active, planning your draft well and trying to snag 1-2 guys who you can build around in some way each year can turn a roster around faster than people realize. 

• Like 1