PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

16 hours ago, Lions017 said:

I think it's made a little extra frustrating by the fact that everyone carries a computer in their pocket these days. Maybe I'm just really lucky, but there are very few points in my day where I can't check my phone for three minutes and make a pick or see if it's my turn. 

I go out of my way to be unplugged as much as possible. I went several years without a phone on me 24/7 and only have one around now (not always on me) at the request of some close friends/relatives. I stopped watching TV (still enjoy MMA/NFL) and quit most social media as well.  I agree that it’s rather rare, but I’ve grown to really enjoy it. 

With that said, if we’re drafting, I’m plugged in and paying attention. I enjoy the drafts dragging a little bit, but not like this one typically does. At the very minimum, we should be doing 8 picks a day. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, X_Factor_40 said:

I go out of my way to be unplugged as much as possible. I went several years without a phone on me 24/7 and only have one around now (not always on me) at the request of some close friends/relatives. I stopped watching TV (still enjoy MMA/NFL) and quit most social media as well.  I agree that it’s rather rare, but I’ve grown to really enjoy it. 

With that said, if we’re drafting, I’m plugged in and paying attention. I enjoy the drafts dragging a little bit, but not like this one typically does. At the very minimum, we should be doing 8 picks a day. 

We had a good run going late last night till early this morning. 

57 minutes ago, X_Factor_40 said:

I'm jealous. I have always wanted to find a way to do that. It's tough.

1 hour ago, X_Factor_40 said:

Oh absolutely. Thanks for checking in regularly. I just think that if you sign up for something like this…you need to be somewhat available. People should at least be checking every few hours - this thing moves slowly enough that you know when you might be up for a pick. It’s not like we’re blowing through an entire round in a few hours and sneaking up on people. If we are at 4.03, for example, the people that have the next 3-4 picks should be at least a little ready, you know? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lions017 said:

Oh absolutely. Thanks for checking in regularly. I just think that if you sign up for something like this…you need to be somewhat available. People should at least be checking every few hours - this thing moves slowly enough that you know when you might be up for a pick. It’s not like we’re blowing through an entire round in a few hours and sneaking up on people. If we are at 4.03, for example, the people that have the next 3-4 picks should be at least a little ready, you know? 

💯