PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

Yes...I traded up and then took a shot on Danny Dimes. 🤣

I really wanted to draft a QB this year. I would've taken Zach Wilson had I not traded my early second rounders. I'll see if Jones can actually put it together now that he has more weapons. 

4 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Yes...I traded up and then took a shot on Danny Dimes. 🤣

I really wanted to draft a QB this year. I would've taken Zach Wilson had I not traded my early second rounders. I'll see if Jones can actually put it together now that he has more weapons. 

I was targeting him and was expecting him to fall to 4.04. I think he has a lot of potential still. 

Im still okay with Big Ben. He should be an okay starter this year if need be, depending on what happens with Watsons situation. 

Okay it’s over I can rest a while now, or maybe make another trade lol. I’m pretty content with the outcome did a lot of moving around this off-season, but I think I’ll be more competitive quicker than if I had stayed put.

Watson, Roethlisberger, Love

Taylor, Bell, Peterson, Vaughn

Moore, Beasley, Shepard, Cephus, Fulgham, Cole

Hockenson, Hooper, Everett

8~Trades later….

Watson, Roethlisberger, Love

Akers, Robinson, Davis, Hawkins, Ahmed

Metcalf, Kupp, Samuel, Laviska, Shepard

Hockenson, Hooper, Gray

49ers DST

K-TBD

Do you guys keep a record of your draft histories? 

I have a spreadsheet that I use every year to keep track of who I've picked and to keep track of what future picks I have. My draft classes have been...hit or miss, to say the least. 

In 2019 I took Damien Harris, Hakeem Butler, Dwayne Haskins, and Darwin Thompson. Harris is a solid player but I traded him. So that draft was a bust. In 2018 I took Rashaad Penny, James Washington, Rex Burkhead, and Ito Smith. Penny still has potential, but that's two rough years in a row. 

Then again, in 2016 I got Michael Thomas/Tyler Boyd/Jared Goff, and in 2017 Mike Williams/JuJu Smith-Schuster/Curtis Samuel. So it hasn't all been bad. 

Also, looking back through the previous drafts...round 4-6 are pretty brutal in this league. There are entire drafts where the only picks that produced anything worthwhile in those rounds were kickers and defenses. 

Edited by Lions017

Selected Ryan Fitzpatrick vs the RB that was pk'd one spot ahead of me Errrrrr.....

I did need a QB & the other QB's on the Bd either had the same bye wk or they may not be the starting QB.

The funny thing is, I started the league with Ryan & won the SB that year, so maybe he will give me some good karma this year? 

21 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I have a spreadsheet that I use every year to keep track of who I've picked and to keep track of what future picks I have. My draft classes have been...hit or miss, to say the least. 

In 2019 I took Damien Harris, Hakeem Butler, Dwayne Haskins, and Darwin Thompson. Harris is a solid player but I traded him. So that draft was a bust. In 2018 I took Rashaad Penny, James Washington, Rex Burkhead, and Ito Smith. Penny still has potential, but that's two rough years in a row. 

Then again, in 2016 I got Michael Thomas/Tyler Boyd/Jared Goff, and in 2017 Mike Williams/JuJu Smith-Schuster/Curtis Samuel. So it hasn't all been bad. 

Also, looking back through the previous drafts...round 4-6 are pretty brutal in this league. There are entire drafts where the only picks that produced anything worthwhile in those rounds were kickers and defenses. 

I have one guy (Laviska) on my team from last years draft class, and I traded back for him after I traded him away originally. 

Edited by Lionized

15 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Yes I do too, I look at it like this:

Last year there were 7 keepers that were pk'd in rounds 3-6

5 of 16 keepers from Rd 3

0 of 16 keepers form Rd 4

1 of 16 keepers from Rd 5

1 of 16 keepers form Rd 6

Of course in those Rd's, we select 16 Def & 16 K's

I usually trade my picks. It probably shows.

2017 (traded 1.16 for Carr midseason) miss. Also traded for Leveon Bell, which was a huge hit for one year since I won a championship. Then he held out and fell off a cliff, so long term miss.
2.16 WR Rishard Matthews (was on team for 2 years) nuetral
3.16 RB Matt Jones  miss
5.9 RB Dion Lewis (starter for 3 years) hit
6.15 RB Kyle Juszczyk  miss

1 hit, 1 nuetral, 3 miss, 1 Lev Bell.

2018 traded my 1st for god knows what.
2.6 Baker Mayfield miss
2.12 Jordan Wilkins miss
3.1 Chris Carson hit
3.12 Jaylen Samuels miss
4.12 Peyton Barber miss

1 hit 4 misses and a hand-full of lost memories.

2019 thank god 1.1 was can't miss in a super whack draft class
1.1 Josh Jacobs hit
2.1 Marquis Brown hit
3.1 Justin Jackson miss
4.1 Tony Pollard hit

3 big hits and a whiff

2020 I traded a late 1 + 2 for Thielen and Mixon. I'm calling that a big win.
3.11 Justin Jackson (is whack)
4.6 Justice Hill nope
4.11 Bryce Love nuh uh
6.12 Greg Olsen nah

2 hits and 4 bads.

I’m not gonna bother posting my picks because I don’t even remember the last time I had a first besides this year 😂 last year though I know I picked up Ryan Tannehill in round 3, and that was a LIFE saver  

I know I traded my first in 2018 for Mckinnon :(

2019 for woods and 2020 for Chubb