PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

3 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Renaming your team to the walking wounded.....that's a lot of bad luck :( UG!!!

I forgot that I had Mostert too, who I ended up cutting. 

Daniel Jones also got a concussion today. Of course. JuJu got injured as well. 

Edited by Lions017

12 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

One thing I've done in other leagues is have "optimal lineup" determine the draft order, which fixes the problem of unset lineups and "tanking".

I've seen that and I like the idea. A lot of dynasty leagues use "potential points" for draft order too. 

And it sounds like JuJu is out for the season. 

Juju. Wilson. Mostert. Akers. Cohen. Thomas. Jeudy. Jones. Penny. All of them hurt. 

How do I have anyone else? I'm going from a 3-0 playoff contender to a scrub really quickly...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

One thing I've done in other leagues is have "optimal lineup" determine the draft order, which fixes the problem of unset lineups and "tanking".

Does the optimal lineup include the playoff teams?  I don’t know if that would fix the entirety of the problem though with how many teams trade 1st round picks. I think the second biggest issue, besides the unset lineup helping the team lose, is it helps give the team they are playing a win.  Which is great for the team that might now make the playoffs, but it hurts the draft position of the owner of the picks a ton. 

• Like 1

My two cents,

We have a real good core of GMs, If we need to make a reminder once a year, it's not that big of a deal.

I prefer the GM's to be active throughout the year vs setting their line ups & checking out till the draft.

If by chance Devonta Freeman scores more than 7pt's tonight I will adjust his score accordingly. 

• Like 2

I miss a guy three times a year. Intensely frustrating when any of three guys in the bench would have resulted in a win. This is how I end up near the top of the league in points but miss the playoffs. 

got busy Sunday morning and missed it. My bad gentlemen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jollyninja said:

I miss a guy three times a year. Intensely frustrating when any of three guys in the bench would have resulted in a win. This is how I end up near the top of the league in points but miss the playoffs. 

DeVante Parker was not the problem as he was a game day out, it was David Montgomery who was listed as out earlier in the wk. that should have been replaced.

Yes Sunday's get crazy sometimes!  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jollyninja said:

Don't worry about it man. You can even get another freebie when we play. You deserve it.

4 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Well... that was a crazy night. 

Great game @TL-TwoWinsAway. Sorry (not sorry) it did not fall your way this time around. 

Yeah, can someone please tell Mr. Andrews to calm down a bit? I went to bed thinking I had a pretty decent chance of holding the lead, but 42 points by that mean man changed all of that.

It's sort of why I dislike head-to-head: 2nd highest scoring team this week yet only a loss to show for it. (Not complaining, just sayin'. I've always had an issue with head-to-head.)