PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

18 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

FYI

Needing to trade for a RB to play this wk.

I have:

2 RB's on IR,  2 RB's Out, 1 RB on a Bye

Was planing on playing Mack on Thu but he was a game day out, then put in Williams now he's listed as out for Sunday.

If I can't find a reasonable trade for a RB my RB slot will be empty this wk.

Was able to put a roster together this wk, I expect all Gm's to do the same moving forward. As tanking rules will be enforced for the rest of the season.

24 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Was able to put a roster together this wk, I expect all Gm's to do the same moving forward. As tanking rules will be enforced for the rest of the season.

I noticed that "empty slot in your lineup" was listed under the tanking rules. By the league definition of "tanking", was my Week 7 lineup in violation? (Not starting a QB because no roster/FA options were available.)

17 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I noticed that "empty slot in your lineup" was listed under the tanking rules. By the league definition of "tanking", was my Week 7 lineup in violation? (Not starting a QB because no roster/FA options were available.)

It could be, there's several factors I as (LM) consider as listed below in the rules, & some not in the rules.

Other factors that could play a roll in determining tanking not listed in the rules: The teams record, Outcome of the match, If a GM posted ahead of time of a problem & it seams reasonable, If were in the first half of the season vs the last half of the season, multiple violations. 

It's not always cut & dry......If you put your best foot (roster) forward each wk, tanking isn't a issue.  

Tanking is one of those things....you know it when you see it for the most part.

7. If a team is deemed "tanking" by the LM in the playoffs or Reg season to try to get a better draft position, your team's first pk the following years draft will be moved to the last pick in that Rd, a tanking GM could risk being removed from the league. The LM will adjust the weekly scoring to the identified tanking team as needed per week. Items that could be flaged as a tanking team are as follows: (Players in your line-up for multiple weeks are on a bye, empty slots in your line-up, a player listed as "out" or on "IR" before game day, Not playing a stud player, FA fill-in possibilities, the LM needing to adjust your score, will all be factored in to determine tanking teams). If a GM is removed from the league for tanking, the new GM's draft slot would be restored to it's proper drafting slot the following year.

I hope that helped define it better.

Yes, I was disappointed you didn't start a QB that wk, but it was early in the season & you had a wining record. Just be aware of having multiple violations & you'll be fine. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jollyninja said:

I have to say, this is a rough league when you’ve got 9 guys out or on IR and 3 others on a bye. I tried to field a line up but when Preston Williams was ruled out this was just a L for me. 

We don't count player game day out's as tanking. Ya, your team was a mess this wk! UG!!

13 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

It could be, there's several factors I as (LM) consider as listed below in the rules, & some not in the rules.

Other factors that could play a roll in determining tanking not listed in the rules: The teams record, Outcome of the match, If a GM posted ahead of time of a problem & it seams reasonable, If were in the first half of the season vs the last half of the season, multiple violations. 

It's not always cut & dry......If you put your best foot (roster) forward each wk, tanking isn't a issue.  

Tanking is one of those things....you know it when you see it for the most part.

7. If a team is deemed "tanking" by the LM in the playoffs or Reg season to try to get a better draft position, your team's first pk the following years draft will be moved to the last pick in that Rd, a tanking GM could risk being removed from the league. The LM will adjust the weekly scoring to the identified tanking team as needed per week. Items that could be flaged as a tanking team are as follows: (Players in your line-up for multiple weeks are on a bye, empty slots in your line-up, a player listed as "out" or on "IR" before game day, Not playing a stud player, FA fill-in possibilities, the LM needing to adjust your score, will all be factored in to determine tanking teams). If a GM is removed from the league for tanking, the new GM's draft slot would be restored to it's proper drafting slot the following year.

I hope that helped define it better.

Yes, I was disappointed you didn't start a QB that wk, but it was early in the season & you had a wining record. Just be aware of having multiple violations & you'll be fine. 

Well, and I won. I did everything I could to win that week.

I appreciate the info. I'd hate for this to become something where individuals are put in a tight spot, based on the league size, roster size and injuries/missed games, and are deemed to be "tanking" because of it.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I appreciate the info. I'd hate for this to become something where individuals are put in a tight spot, based on the league size, roster size and injuries/missed games, and are deemed to be "tanking" because of it.

That's why it's not always cut & dry.....a lot of factors go into determining tanking. One year we did need to drop a GM from the league for multiple violations/multiple wk's for players on a bye and empty slots when he had players on his bench to play. 

9 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yes, winning your match is also a consideration. 

6 minutes ago, Lionized said:

Trade Alert! 🚨

Lionized sends

1st via @nagahide13, 3rd via @Lionized, Christian Kirk

@Lions017Sends:

5th via @Karnage84, 6th via @Lions017, Russell Wilson 

I accept! 

I accept. 

This kills me a bit inside, as Russell Wilson is the last player left from the roster that I inherited. I didn’t want to trade him, but I’m 4-5 and dead last in points scored…

• Like 1