PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

20 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

This would not fix teams that left an inj. player or on a bye in their starting roster that didn't have a replacement on the bench, & didn't pick-up a FA.

Plus I like selecting my starting roster each week. That's part of the challenge/fun in FF.  

Me too. How many guys have low projections and then rack off 20 points. 

1 hour ago, WE-R-Lions said:

This would not fix teams that left an inj. player or on a bye in their starting roster that didn't have a replacement on the bench, & didn't pick-up a FA.

Plus I like selecting my starting roster each week. That's part of the challenge/fun in FF.  

I'd like to make the argument that we could also use larger bench sizes. Our bench is insanely small for a "dynasty" league, even though this is really just a big keeper league anyway. True dynasty has much larger rosters and you keep everyone. 

I know people think it's nicer to have more depth on the waiver wire, but it might actually be more useful for those weaker teams to be able to keep young talent on their roster and not have to worry so much about dropping someone with potential in order to pick up a waiver guy that'll get them 5 points to cover a bye week. I feel like part of the reason that rebuilding can be tough in this league is that you really only get four picks a year (since you have to take a kicker and defense OR keep them) and you can't accumulate a bunch of rookies at once or anything like that. 

Edited by Lions017

2 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Optimum points wouldn't effect setting your roster each week.  We wouldn't use it for weekly matchups, but use it for teams not in the playoffs to determine draft order.  It also takes out the problem of unbalanced schedules. But it wouldn't make it a best ball during the season so we still would have to strategize and debate starting people. 

There is the issue of not picking up someone and not having anything on the bench, but that can be monitored relatively easily still by those of us playing against those guys. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Optimum points wouldn't effect setting your roster each week.  We wouldn't use it for weekly matchups, but use it for teams not in the playoffs to determine draft order.  It also takes out the problem of unbalanced schedules. But it wouldn't make it a best ball during the season so we still would have to strategize and debate starting people. 

There is the issue of not picking up someone and not having anything on the bench, but that can be monitored relatively easily still by those of us playing against those guys. 

I do like the idea of the maximum points balancing out the schedules, too. Every year there are divisions loaded with 4 good teams trying to compete and divisions where you have 1 team trying to win and 3 rebuilders. 

On 12/11/2022 at 11:11 AM, Lions017 said:

Sandy Creek Patriots started a player on bye last week and currently has one in their lineup for this week…

Actually two this week.  likely still should win but if by chance they don't, they shouldnt improve draft slot since it looks like it would move them from pick 4 to 2.  I have had an awful team until Watson and Fields started playing better and always try to have my highest projected players in the lineup.  

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Actually two this week.  likely still should win but if by chance they don't, they shouldnt improve draft slot since it looks like it would move them from pick 4 to 2.  I have had an awful team until Watson and Fields started playing better and always try to have my highest projected players in the lineup.  

I will adjust his score accordingly tomorrow. but the point adjustment won't affect his draft slot for next year, his win will.

I adjusted his score last wk too :(

Edited by WE-R-Lions

49 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I will adjust his score accordingly tomorrow. but the point adjustment won't affect his draft slot for next year, his win will.

I adjusted his score last wk too :(

Pretty sure the rules state that his pick moves to the end of the round, no? Unless we’re all just saying it’s cool? 

Swear to Christ, if I win this week because I did the right thing and picked up the second highest projected RB (Kevin Harris) while someone rolls with multiple players on bye I might just be done with this. If I win a nail biter that changes my draft position that’s be some serious ****. 

Set your lineups or let us know you’re not interested anymore. 

11 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Swear to Christ, if I win this week because I did the right thing and picked up the second highest projected RB (Kevin Harris) while someone rolls with multiple players on bye I might just be done with this. If I win a nail biter that changes my draft position that’s be some serious ****. 

Set your lineups or let us know you’re not interested anymore. 

Fortunately it didn't matter. 

And I know I initially left this league because I missed a week and my pick got moved to the end of the first round.  I think if whoever that owner is returns he should move to the end but if we have to replace him, the pick should be in its natural slot.  

27 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Fortunately it didn't matter. 

And I know I initially left this league because I missed a week and my pick got moved to the end of the first round.  I think if whoever that owner is returns he should move to the end but if we have to replace him, the pick should be in its natural slot.  

I get one week, making a mistake or whatever. But it shouldn't happen multiple weeks in a row. 

• Like 1

Side note, this year went about as well as I could have hoped.  My team was left with nothing and midway through the season, Fields, Watson, and Pacheco all start producing.  Then I end with the #1 and #2 picks in the draft as well as having TL's first round pick wherever that finishes.  The future is looking bright all of the sudden.  

• Like 1

This is the rule for tanking:

7. If a team is deemed "tanking" by the LM in the playoffs or Reg season to try to get a better draft position, your team's first pk the following years draft will be moved to the last pick in that Rd, a tanking GM could risk being removed from the league. The LM will adjust the weekly scoring to the identified tanking team as needed per week. Items that could be flag as a tanking team are as follows: (Players in your line-up for multiple weeks are on a bye, empty slots in your line-up, a player listed as "out" or on "IR" before game day, Not playing a stud player, FA fill-in possibilities, the LM needing to adjust your score, will all be factored in to determine tanking teams). If a GM is removed from the league for tanking, the new GM's draft slot would be restored to it's proper drafting slot the following year.

I have reach out to him, but no response at this time... Life crap happens, auto accidents, deaths in the family & what not that would take president over a free FF league so I try keep that in mind in determining tanking, it's not always as black & white as we would like it to be, but playing fair makes the league stronger as a whole.

In the event we do replace him the line in bold would stand.  

As a foot note:

Baby siting a GM's roster is one of the lest things I like to do. I do enough work as a LM to make it fun for ALL!

I don't need to that to!!!   

• Like 3